mirtazapine face muscle/fat-loss/pale /dark circles

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone, I have been tapering Ambien for insomnia (after tapering xanax) with the help of Mirtazapine to help me sleep and from the very first time I took mirtazapine I noticed huge dark circles under my eyes, sunken face (while before it was cubbier, with the same body weight...), pale skin, droopier face, as if muscles of the face were gone straight away... flatter cheeks, sunken eyes, mood swings, bulgier looking eyes... I look severly emaciated as if I have rickets.. I did NOT looked emaciated before, even at lower weights... and I definitely don't have a regular sleeping schedule as the medicine is supposed to give. I just cannot stay alone as I have huge anxiety and body image issues now. I sleep but I look like when I don't sleep for days.... really weird.. I can't stand it anymore.. please help me taper off this drug, my doctor is unavailable and I desperately want to taper it off and gain my face fat/muscle and color again.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hey,  real quick -- I started just a month ago and the same thing happens with me. i have dark circles every day. i can't deal with it. also, i eat so much i've gained 10 lbs in a month.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.