mirtazapine feel like im in hell

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was on venlafaxine for 3 month it stopped helping so now im on mirtz, went from 15mg to 30 in a month and i literally think about how much of an inconvenience i am day in day out like my kids wud be better off if i was gone so there dad cud being them up properly! All my friends say im like a proper mam but i just feel like such a faliour all the time like they deserve better! These tablets made me sleep but when i wake im a beast my temper is so bad i just dont want to be here! Wish i was dead

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds a lot like me. I think you need more purpose in your life. If you were accomplishing something that failure feeling would "poof" go away. Mornings are worse for me too. I've been going on a long walk in the morning to start. Mert helps with sleep but also makes you have no motivation do anything. I want off it too but have to be ok with waking up at 4am.

• Posted

Oh no no no no no no no NO.  I think I see depression type words and that can be overcome.  You kids would not be better off without a mother and you can be a great mom once your system becomes use to the Mirt.  It usually takes about 3 weeks at 30 mgs. before the beneficial effects kick in.  Unfortunately, all the nasty side effects appear at first.  Give it a chance and give yourself a break.  How many children do you have?  Are you taking any other medication or supplements?  Is having a bad temper when you wake something new that you are experiencing?  Did you wean yourself off venlafaxine?  I ask because it is in the same class as Mirt (a SNRI) so I'm wondering why you changed.  Answers, kristy, I want answers and maybe I'll have some magic suggestions to put a smile on your face.

• Posted

I have been on a low dose of mirtazapine, which is all i can tolerate, every time i put it up i am like a zombie, (all othes i tried were useless) and it did help me sleep, but i still wake each day feeling useless, what good am i to my family.  I wanted to just end it all.  This was a while ago and although i am a bit better they have added risperidone i am still not right.  Why do i no longer want to see my friends, why cant i look forward to seeing my grandchildren, why cant i go and have a massage or do anything that was pleasurable.  I understand you feeling you have lost confidence, this illness does that to us, we need to try to see how to get it back.  I think others are right when they say positive thinking - the secret is how to find it.  Push on is what i do, in the hope that one day you will find your old self.  Everyone tells me mine is still there but i cant see it, ismthat how you feel?
  • Posted

i have time when i feel same have been on venlafaxine for years and mirtazipine i cut down mirt to  aboat 10mg the temper has gone the terible feelings i still have for time to time ,wishing i was dead. but they are less now on lower dose i also think  i'm an inconveniance to others . you got to remember that its part of the  mental illness  not reality i bet your a great mum  rely on what your friends tell you, your a proper mum, hang in there life is worth it  just sometime it hard to see it. but it realy is best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.