Mirtazapine help (2nd week dip after initial boost)

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

Need some advice. Took myself to hospital a month ago feeling like I couldn't go on. Was prescribed Mirtazapine 15mg, the sedative effect helped at first but then the 2nd week I felt really bad again. I was advised to increase to 30mg and again was starting to feel a little better but now into the 2nd week or so have taken a big dip. I feel absolutely dreadful, panicking and just feel lile utter rubbish. I was discharged from the home treatment team despite me asking not to and there's been no follow up care, I'm also in the process of getting a new GP as I've moved to a new area.

Should I keep on going with the Mirtazapine? I know I should give it longer but am so devestated to feel this bad again I don't know what to do!

Thanks,

Paul 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Iv been on mitrazapine 45mg for 12 weeks.in the first few weeks I thought I'd had a personality transplant.i felt quite aggressive and was easily irritated,I feel ok now some bad days.i don't really feel sedated but do feel very tired around tea time,I usually just sit down and do nothing it usually passes.everyone is different but I would say it's helped me.iv been on many anti depressants over the years.pretty bad you don't have any support hope you get that gp soon.
    • Posted

Hi Carolyn thanks for the reply. That sounds a bit like me quite snappy and very irritated. Just as long as I know I'm doing the right things I will stick with them. Applying to new gp surgery tomorrow so that's something smile
  • Posted

Keep on the medication as it take a while before it works properly and as soon as you can see the doctor for some reassurance. See the doctor asap as he may step up the dose or put you on something else, but hang on in there, even if you are feeling sh*t.
    • Posted

Thanks managed to get an appt. told to hang in there as they may take a bit longer smile feel more reassured now
  • Posted

Feel worse than ever. Have a counselling appointment tomorrow and trying to come to terms with the fact I've been abused.
    • Posted

That's an awful thing to have happened. I too am on mirtz along with another AD. nothing seems to be working at all . Feel worse by the day. 
    • Posted

Hope your counselling session goes well today. It can only help you. Let me know how you are. It helps to talk.
  • Posted

Was tough but a good sessi
  • Posted

Oops. Was a good sessi
  • Posted

Silly phone. Hoping counselling is the way forward now!
    • Posted

Glad to hear that the counselling session was good. How are you feeling about the mirtz? It can be a very inconsistent drug. Have you read about it on this site. Hope you feel a bit better today. 
    • Posted

Sorry for the late reply. I'm still unsure about this med tbh, however I do notice when I miss a dose so it's obviously doing something.

I'm a little more stable now, still struggling with intrusive thoughts but I actually have a new diagnosis.....PTSD. I have it from childhood and from recent events. To say everything is much clearer is an understatement! Counselling sessions are going well, helping me to understand things and I'm finally glad I have a diagnosis that explains my symptoms more accurately.

Geting there, slowly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.