Mirtazapine - How long to kick in?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on 30mg of mirtazapine for over 4 weeks for anxiety and depression and I don't feel any real improvements. Psychiatrist says give it more time. From any experience out there when do the meds kick in and i can really see some light?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dont take it this drug is terrible I have been on it a year and I regret it as it didnt work. I've come off it now and into cbd oil

• Posted

Was it hard to come off? Are you taking cbd oil capsules?

• Posted

I've been on 15mg of Mirt now for 5 weeks & so far it is only helping me sleep & eat better slightly. Nothing for Anxiety or Depression. If it's not doing anything for you at 30mg I am not going up, rather taper off...

• Posted

After 4 weeks of being on it you should of had improvement by now. I would ask to try another med.

• Posted

This medication does work but it's been slow for me, for the first 2-3 weeks they just knocked me out and made me feel weird, then i started to see some positive results but it goes in cycles, i'd have 2-4 great days then i'd feel bad for a few days, i'm starting to have more good days than bad now , its not been a pleasant journey but i think they're worth sticking with.

• Posted

Good luck. I feel the side effects are not good. I am tapering off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.