Mirtazapine ? I am scared

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello everyone , I just came from the dr yesterday and she perscribed me Mirtazapine for GAD ( Anxiety disorder ) They gave me only 15mg. I really do not want to take prescription drugs. I would like to try something natural if I can. I am supposed to go back in 4 weeks and give dr an update.

I am not sure if I want to take this pill tonight. Today I got 0 done I am so sleepy and drowsy I feel like a zombie. I also wanted to know should I at least try it for the 4-6 weeks suggested ( to take effect in the body ) then tell dr I would like to try something else natural ? I really do not want my body getting addicted to this and needing to taper off because of withdrawls.

I was also given buspirone

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Kerry, my doc started me on 7.5, but I'm sensitive to medications. I tried it on half of that amount because I also take clonazepam .5mg in the morning. They say the sedation feeling usually wears off.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.