Mirtazapine stopped working?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi guys up until recently I have had good results with Mirtazapine. I was taking the Actavis brand for a month but the last script I got a different box and the pills are made by Genesis pharmaceuticals but from day 1 they don't seem to be working. I don't sleep as long and I think my anxiety and depression is coming back. Is it possible that different brands of Mirt work differently? I don't even think these pills contain any Mirt.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Gareth, by law the generic brands have to have exactly the same active ingredients. It is the filler that may change. What you are experiencing is anxiety over change in med brands which a lot of people get. Again, just like all of us who suffer anxiety, it is all in our minds. This will go away as you get confident with the change each day. Again, it is our anxious state of mind simmering underneath that breaks free often during a brand change as we realise our fears. It is self perpetuating as you might just get a twinge or the odd bad day and you then convince yourself it is a brand / change to generics that is the reason. You will get better. Best of luck with your recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.