Mirtazapine to Agomelatine

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on mirtazapine for over ten years which has been working to a degree in helping with panic disorder. Over the last 12 months panic has got back out of control. Finally doctor has agreed to change to Agomelatine

I am reducing mirtazine 30mg 5 days, 15mg 5 days then stop. Start Agomaelatine straight away.

I am up to about end of 15 mg and decided to half to 7.5mg which ive done for 2 days.

I seem to be having severe panic and nausea, gut and back pains- which isnt uncommon as these are the symptoms i usually get but feel it is worsening.

Is this likely to be mirtazapine withdrawal and is there anything i can do to help get rid of these symptoms.

I do have a prescription to Alepam 15mb but have been avoiding using it due to addictive nature but it looks like I might not have a lot of choice.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Mirtazapine withdawal you cannot stop that fast if you are someone who gets withdrawals from it.

Doctors don t understand

• Posted

I didn't stop as fast as that and I had major problems. I had extreme nausea and through the roof anxiety felt I couldn't get a breath it was awful. Hopefully you will be ok but it will defo be withdrawels your having. I had insomnia didn't sleep for 3 weeks and collapsed I ended up on diazapam too get me through it. I'm doing good now on venlafaxine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.