Mirtazapine Withdrawal

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello Everyone

I have been on 30mg for 8 years now and since June I started my withdrawal at 10% every 4 weeks.

3 days ago I started 15mg and today I have been feeling drowsy.....

Please has anybody has this experience when withdrawing ? Any advice will be appreciated

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Embrace the drowsiness.  When you are totally off and have to deal with sleeplessness you'll want that drowsiness back.  I was on mirtz for 13 to 15 years and am dealing with no sleep.  Its been since September so not long.  I am figuring it will take quite a bit of time for me to get back to some resemblance of normalcy. Anyway, I tapered down to around 2.5 to 3.5 mg before I stopped completely.  Good luck. 

• Posted

I am at about 2.5 and waiting to jump off.   Did you have many withdrawals at that dose, and if so what were they?  You say its four months now and your sleep is affected, i dont know if i could cope with that.  I am still,having bad dreams, will,that go when i drop it do you think?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.