Mirtazapine withdrawal

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, does anyone know how long it will take to start to feel better once stopping mirtazapine. Was on 30mg for 14 weeks, still feeling really tired. 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Birdy , im not sure how long your tiredness will improve but i still have fatigue an tiredness due my reduction of Mirtazapine from 60mg to 30mg i hope to reduce it thurther was im feeling better from my Withdrawals from Zyprexa 10wks ago.. i don't know if I've been of any help to you i can relate to your tiredness from Mirtazapine. Hope things inprove for you very soon mate. Take care Lloyd from Oz

• Posted

Did you cold turkey off 30mg ?
    • Posted

I started tapering from 30 to 15 for a week and then every other night, gradually reduced more and then I stopped them. 
    • Posted

That is very fast. The faster you taper withdrawal can be quite rough. If you are just fatigued then count yourself lucky.

How long have you been off it ?

• Posted

I'd only been on them for 14 weeks, so I thought it wouldn't take that long to taper. Stopped taking them 2 weeks tomorrow. Still feeling tired and not sleeping very well and still slightly uptight during the day. I don't think I feel much worse coming off them than when I was on them. Just got to see it through now and hope it doesn't take too long. 

• Posted

Yes. 2 weeks is not long. Drink plenty of water, try and excercise, eat well, take magnesium and omega 3 and avoid stress. May take a good few weeks but you will feel better.
    • Posted

Thanks Sarah, you're keeping me positive that I will feel better, which magnesium and omega 3 do you take? Seeing mental health nurse on Tuesday, she was the person who told me to start tapering as Mirtazapine wasn't suitable for me. X

• Posted

Just high strength omega 3 and magnesium glucemate ( something like that ) look on amazon. You need to give yourself 90 days and take care if yourself.

Why did they put you on it ?

• Posted

Doctor said in January that I had anxiety and depression, she prescribed sertraline which I was on for 2 weeks, went back to see her and said I wasn't sleeping so she changed me on to mirtazapine. Started at 15 for a week and then increased to 30mg, finally increased to 45mg. I couldn't cope being on them as all I wanted to do was sleep. I have relapsing remitting MS and I struggle with tiredness anyway. Saw mental health nurse a few weeks ago and she suggested that I came off them. I'm hoping to start taking my amitriptyline again as that suited me and helped with nerve pain. Mirtazapine has been absolutely awful and I just can't wait for it to get out of my system. 

• Posted

Hello Sarah , how are you ? Hope you are doing fine ,, i have seen a lot of your posts regarding remeron withdrawals. I was on it for 6 years 15 mg then tapered very fast to 7.5 mg for 5 months then went off last april , i’m now 9 weeks off . Have suffered most of the symptoms ( anxiety depression nausea tiredness except insomnia , i sleep for 6 hours sometimes 5 it’s ok , the major concern is anxiety and depression depersonalization. Sometimes i feel like a zombie awful feeling i have never felt in my whole life) i have never experienced anxiety or depression in my life before remeron , i have originally taken it to gain some weight it did help but i decided i want to quit . I read that i may experience waves and windows , last week i had very nice 3 days felt normal again then back to anxiety . Any help or advice . When do you think all these symptoms will subside?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.