mirtazapine withdrawal insomnia how long! fed up!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been off mirt for five weeks. Only withdrawal is insomnia. I have done everything from acupuncture which I am still having, good sleep hygiene, health shakes, fish oils, magnesium, chamomile, warm milk. Does sleep ever return. Please help! Thank u

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Talk to your doctor about something to help with your insomnia in the short-term.  Otherwise, don't go to bed until two hours after you have eaten and have a warm drink beforehand. Chamomile Tea should help and I would forget about the rest!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I know this post is old - but did you have sucess with your Mirt withdrawal insomnia?

I've been taking it for 3 weeks only, and trying to stop, but I'm finding the insomnia very difficult to deal with.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi I been taking mirtazapine for a year now. 15mg. I have ups and down the whole  time of of coming off with it. But insomnia is worst. I been taking 2 sleepinal at night but sometimes doesn't work anymore that fast.so i decide to call to make appointment for my doctor tomorrow because I can't stand of not sleeping the whole night and then in the morning have to take care my baby.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi,

I know this is old post but I am going through same thing now, insomnia is kiling me and doctor is no help all he says  is im sorry you are not sleeping  after stoping the MIRT, I changed doctors, but anyways im reaching out for some hope to the insommina issue  that MIRT W/D can cause.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up