Mirtazapine Withdrawal, Starting Week 9

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello. Today starts week 9 (63 days) since stopping cold turkey on Remeron 7.5. I have been posting weekly updates for anyone who is interested. I woke this morning after a decent night's sleep. Went to sleep at midnight, woke at 05:30, took medicine and went back to sleep. Woke again at 07:00, took morning meds, slept another 45 minutes and woke fatigued with considerable nausea. My morning meds are ativan, synthroid, and protonix, all of which I have been on for years. No headache, anxiety, abdominal pains as of 11:00, also nausea resolved after about 2 hours. 11:00 took lunch time meds, ativan, flecainide, and 1,000 iu vitamin D. I still feel generally sick, depressed but not bad, and am having allergy fatigue and seasonal allergy symptoms. I feel better today so far. I have morning prayer time, which has helped me through this. It is 11:47 and I am going to round up something to eat. I have come a long way since starting this. I have spent time in a dark place that I had no idea that I could be. I sincerely thank each and every one of you who have posted comments and replies that have helped me make it this far. One of the other sites states that you should give yourself at least 90 days to evaluate if any remaining symptoms are /aren't wd related, so I am abot 2/3 of the way there. Thanks again from the bottom of my heart, David

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

David,

So glad to hear you are getting small improvements. 2/3 is quite good for someone who stopped cold turkey. Glad you nausea at least, resolves after awhile. Will be so happy on the day you write you are completely recovered from the WD. You are a brave and courageous man. And I thank you for sharing your journey with us. It will happen, and maybe sooner than you think!!!! Best wishes and thoughts coming your way.

• Posted

Thank you, Kathy. Yesterday turned out really bad, and today is better so far. David
    • Posted

Bless you David, I'll say a prayer for you to help you along the way.

Take care.

• Posted

Thank you Calmer. I'll take all the prayers on my behalf that I can get. I believe that, for some reason, prayers are more effective that others ask on your behalf than ones that you ask for yourself. I guess it is because the Bible (Jesus) talks more about serving others than it does about serving yourself. Take Care, David
  • Posted

david, thank you for your support .  at least we can find some strength and hope from others
  • Posted

Hi David,your getting there slow but sure,I have no doubt at all that you will feel better soon.

ive just noticed that your on some of the meds Im on only with a different name in the UK.

i was on Flecanide for 20yrs or more,which suited me just fine,then when I had a heart attack they told me it wasn't used anymore it was old fashioned,and they put me on another tablet,that coursed me to have Underactive Thyroid giving me another problem.

Hows your Tum doing has that calmed down a bit now? 

Im glad you keep updating us as I've got my eyes open for you as your the only member I know with IBS.

the only problem I'm having with WD is my Tum which is in knots and a really bad temper unlike me.

Your problem may have been going cold turkey,but on the other hand I think this drug upsets most people when WD.

Big Hug for you and your wife David because when all said and done our partners have to put up with a lot.  Look after yourself.  NORMA 

• Posted

Thank you Norma. My IBS has calmed down some, but as you know, it will be back. I am still having nausea. It comes and goes, and I am still having weaknes. One of my concerns is that i am still losing weight. It has slowed down, but the anxiety that the wd is causing is making me hyperaware of every little thing, every ache and pain makes me worry that I have some serious health issue, only to have whatever it is resolve in a day or two. Mirtazapine wd has several different unique ways of making you miserable. Thanks for your support, and hugs back your way as well. I think that I should have moved to the UK to go through this. Do any of the site members ever meet in person? Take Care, David
    • Posted

Hi David,I don't know why you think you should move to the UK. Your probley better where you are.  Health wise here Im finding im Haveing to do my own research for my health issues.  There was a time when we could just go to the GP and he would look after our health,but now we have to take responsibility for our own health. 

I lost my GP of 16yrs and I haven't found anyone to match him.

Going back to what we call Mirtazapine, I couldn't agree with you and most people on this site it's a terrible drug to WD from. On drugs in the UK anyway they tell you all the side affects of going on them,but nothing about the affects of WD.  This week I'm going to slowly start WD down to 7.5 so start praying for me.    And no members on this site don't meet as we're all over the country.Would have been nice though.

Last Thursday my husband and I found out he has Prostate Cancer,so that's something else for us to deal with. He's never been ill in his life so it's been a bit of a blow to us both especially as he is my carer.

Sorry for the rant David but all in all Im feeling quite low at the moment.

Don't know if it would be good to meet up with all the

People on here we would all depress each other

Keep in touch and Take Care

• Posted

Oh and David I shouldn't worry to much about your weight,because as you know Mirtazapine puts weight on,and because you've been unwell WD you probley haven't felt like eating much.

Dont worry you'll get back to your original weight when your better.

Good Luck

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear of your husbands illness. I will keep you both in my prayers. God Bless You Both, David
    • Posted

Thank you norma. Again, I pray that you both will get through your issues. I am just sorry that you have them. David
    • Posted

Thank You David,I have a positive attitude we'll get through it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.