Mirtazapine withdrawal success

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, Ive just come off Mirtazapine (30mg) after 6 months use, following an acute episode of postnatal anxiety. I'm now off the medication with not a single withdrawl effect. Nothing. This was my schedule as discussed with my GP:

30mg x 6 months....then:

30mg/22.5mg alternating days for 2 weeks

22.5mg for 2 weeks

22.5mg/15mg alternating days for 2 weeks

15mg for 2 weeks

15mg/11.25mg alternating days for 2 weeks

11.25mg for 2 weeks

11.25mg/7.5mg alternating days for 2 weeks

7.5mg for 2 weeks

7.5mg/3.75mg alternating days for 2 weeks

3.75mg for 2 weeks

3.75mg/0mg alternating days for 2 weeks

3.75mg/0/0 (so a single dose every 3 days) for 2 weeks

then nothing.

I used 30mg tablets and a cutter to get down to 15mg, then 15mg tablets cut down to 3.75. It does involve cutting tablets into quarters for smaller doses, but this worked very well.

Thought Id post this are there are many horror stories online. This took a few months, but was gentle and easy and no side effects. Good luck xx

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well one you. I hope you are feeling a lot better, glad to read success story. xx

• Edited

That's lovely to hear a good story. Thank you. Mine took longer but I had been on M for longer. May I ask how long you have been off completely?

• Posted

I was fine coming down from 30mg to about 6mg . Then I had a few problems and had to go a lot slower. I have been completely off for more than a year now. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.