Mirtazepin advice needed please 😊

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is anyone taking mirtazepine ?? For anxiety and depression how does it help you ? And at what dose are you on ? Need as much information as I can please and thank you 😊

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Mirtazapine is an antidepressant.

It affects chemicals in the brain that may become unbalanced and cause depression.

This drug can take time to permiate your system during which time any feeling of depression can be slightly hightened, especially in younger people.

The drug has been found to be highly effective if taken over an extended period.

Certain side affects have been reported.

• Posted

Hi Louise

I had a brief affair with mirt

I started on 15mg then I went up to 30mg

Pros - did exactly what it was prescribed

For - sleep , being a sedative it will knock you out

Cons - weight gain , this drug is also

Prescribed for bulimia

Most people report feeling groggy in the morning after waking up

• Posted

Other side effects incl

Joint pain , tiredness , dizziness

Have a look at the leaflet supplied with the tabs for more info

I only stopped because in this case

The side effects outweighed the benefits

I'm now on fluoxetine and doing better

• Posted

I was on this for 3 months, while it was easy to cope with the side effects compared to citalopram, the weight gain was incredable, and would get very angry also, which passes with time apparently. That said I have been on citalopram for 8 weeks now and only just starting to feel half normal. I came off mirtazepine because of the anger not the weight issue, which may not affect everyone the same
  • Posted

Thank you everyone for your replys 😁 would you say then it did or didn't help with anxiety and depression ? I am on venlafaxine at the minute and I get angry on it and basically feel very bad on it so that's why I'm looking into if mirtazapine would help me or not 😊
    • Posted

Each and every person is different

It will work for some and it won't work for others

Some will have more side effects

While others will have few

In my case I had to cease taking it

Because the side effects were just to strong and because of this I don't know if it helped with the anxiety or depression

Regards daz

• Posted

Thanks for getting back to me I know we are all different what's the hardest to deal with is when you go through changing meds only to find that it does nothing for hope you are well and thank you again 😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.