Mirtazepin/knockout ???

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello anyone else take 15mg of mirtazipine or have done does this knock you out I'm starting tonight have major anxiety about it ....please if anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated thankyou 🌹

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Louise you'd do well to read as many of the posts already made on here re. Mirtazapine ( Remeron in USA).

I am just ONE person (so please don't base any decisions purely on the options of one or eben a few ..do your research, listen to the MANY etc)...

But in my humble opinion ..I widh I NEVER touched MIRTAZAPINE. There should be a SERIOUS WARNING attached to it!

(I stress, this is just MY humble opinion based on my personal experience).

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply this sounds very worrying do you mind me asking what happened ? I know there will be good things and bad things I just need as much information as I want to be prepared 💐
    • Posted

Hi Louise

You would get a better overview if you read a number of DIFFERENT users experiences.

I fear stating just my experiences as just 1 person at this juncture (I.e. just prior to you commencing with the drug) would be a little unfair on you.

If (IF) you are fixed on knowing of my experiences just search under my name on here. Saves me repeating myself (as a sufferer too I trust you understand).

In all honesty, your GP/or Clinical Practitioner should have explained everything about the drug as he/she sanctioned its prescription. They should ALSO have allayed any reservations or concerns you may have.

My advice although not the best is to read a wide selection of posts and/or refer back to GP etc if you are feeling desperate.

By reading first, you'll at the very least appreciate the likely positives and negatives of the drug. Remember IT IS A DRUG just given by people in suits!

Love, peace and happiness ..and the strength to fight the good fight!

Karl

• Posted

Mirtazapine is a strong antidepressant drug that can have some strange effects on people.

You do not say how long you have been using this medication, and it would be useful if you could please let me have this information?

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply .

I will start taking mirtazipine tonight I have Gad and major depression and also need help with sleep I also will be withdrawing from venlafaxine at the same time .

I'm extremely worried when you say it does strange things to people what do you mean thankyou 🌼

• Posted

No what I did say that it 'can' have strange effects on people which not the same as 'does' have strange effects.

This medication can take up to 3/4 weeks to have a beneficial effect on your life.

If you find that it does produce any unexpected results in a negative way, then please report these to your doctor.

• Posted

Thanks.. Sorry I miss read it well only one way to find out hopefully I will not experience such things it sounds good that it could take a shorter amount of time to work than some other antidepressants thanks for your advice 🌼
  • Posted

louise, at 15 it was great to help me sleep, but now after havin it increased and then decreased. i am having all sorts of problems.  others on this forum are having horrible withdrawal problems. 
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that Suzie I have already experienced massive withdrawals from previous antidepressants so I'm prepared for that .

Does it help you for anxiety and depression at all ? Is that only with a higher dose ? Thankyou for your reply 🌹

• Posted

Hi i take low dose 15 of Mirtazpine it si ok but if i take a high dose it makes me sweat these drugs don't seem to work fo me so I  would be careful good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.