Mirtazepine tapering headache from hell!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Horrendous headache from hell,but completely unresponsive to my usual 2 cocodamol,400mg Bruges and rizatrptan melt 10mg,that I take for migraine (usually need all 3 together to ease migraine) but at least they usually work,not so with this mirtazepine headache from hell!

last dropped from 22.5mg to 18.75mg 18 nights ago,suffered initially headaches nausea sweating lower mood etc,then felt really good for around one week,now since Monday evening this awful headache,completely debilitating,plus shivering cold,and sweats again and nightmares! Was going to hold another two weeks anyway, ( to make 4 weeks) but can't believe symptoms can reappear like this,thought I was over the worst of this drop.

anyone else suffering these awful headaches and how long did they last?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, chrisy9.  My headaches are mild from mirtazepine, but mirtazepine makes me dizzy, bloated, tired.  Stuff like that.  But I need it for my anti-depressant coctail.

Good luck and God bless.

• Posted

Hi

Do you mean you get dizzy and mild headaches on a maintenance dose not tapering down ? What dose are you on ?

• Posted

Hi

What dose have you dropped from and how fast ? Has this happened with the other drops ?

• Posted

Hi sarah

I had dropped down from 22.5mg to 18.75mg.Back at beginning of May was on 45mg and have been tapering by 25% or less,and holding minimum 4 weeks,sometimes more.I wish I had kept daily diary as you do forget all the symptoms.can definitely remember having non responsive to analgesia or migraine headaches,but can't remember for how long,and surprised as seemed to suffer side effects initially,but then felt good for a week.going to keep daily symptom diary from now on.the plan will be to stay on this dose minimum 4 to six weeks until well,then drop to 15mg where I will stay until after Christmas and new year,then ask GP for liquid to slower taper the rest.I am only coming off because of severe nightmares.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.