Mirtazepine withdrawal :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been taking mirtazepine 45mg for 6 years along with sertraline 50mg and Topiramate 100mg. I have decided that it is time to start the long process of coming off the meds and am starting with the mirtazepine. I have got as far as trying to reduce the 30mg to 15mg and withdrawal symptoms are kicking in such as aching muscles, mucus in the throat (constantly having to clear my throat) but by far the worst, insomnia - whole nights sometimes leading to time off work. I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to manage this, many thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sleepless,

we have a small group here who are trying to get off from the mirt ourselves , so please join us as we encourage and compare notes. It has helped me so much to realize I'm not alone in this struggle. It's a rough one to get off from but it can be done! So keep posting....don't give up💙

• Posted

Ps...I have the muscle aches as well and it's difficult to work as well
    • Posted

Hi Rose, thank you so much for the reply. I have also had really terrible nightmares since dropping to the 7.5 mg which I don't remember having when I started the medication. It's a real comfort to discuss this with other people going through the same situation as no one else can really understand this. Keep well smile 
    • Posted

So true people don't understand but the worst part is the doctors don't even understand...that's the worst part for me. Hang around there are some very cool people who have had trouble coping with this particular medicine.

you might be sleepless but now you won't be sleepless alone...hang in there

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.