Mirtazepine withdrawal

Posted , 9 users are following.

All those out there who are suffering like me, have come to the conclusion not to put a time on withdrawal symptoms going,. I am going to give it twelve weeks from stopping to reevaluate what is going on. Replies would be greatly appreciated

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Mirt is strange drug. I was on 15mg for anxiety and insomnia for bout 4months this year but came off it as was making me feel lethargic and no energy. Started by cutting down to 7.5for ten days and then 3.5 for a week, didn't have any problem, unfortunately! I found that 3.5 helped me! I am quite anti drugs, so I am still on it, but will hope to come off in new year.

Remember one day forgot to take it and that was weird!

• Posted

I have only forgot a couple of times whilst at home, And after staring at the ceiling for 2 to 3 hours went downstairs to find the tablet on the worktop, My wife says its phsycological but that proves its not, Im on 30mg and am planning on cutting tabs in half and going down to half dose.  I really thought this was going to sort me out, but in effect it probably has made me worse, Weight gain and still pushing the people away who i love dearly.  Think a trip back to docs is in order, or maybe just 6 months in the USA sun!!
    • Posted

Yes same here, pushing everyone away. I guess it's coz we don't want them to see us like this and unless they have had it, impossible for them to understand. Although we really want them to.

Don't think we should just blame the drugs though, that's an easy thing to do, we took them for a reason, we wanted to feel better, who knows, without it, we might have been worse

• Posted

Thank you for your replies, Its good to speak to people who are going through the same things.
    • Posted

Hi jonnyboy,just a word of advice don't go from 30mg to 15 mg in one go to bigger drop,go down to 22.5 for a time.   Then take it very slowly.                   Take care 
  • Posted

Yes cita are great they have helped me a lot !

I think it's crazy why they give mirtazapine to people with sleep problems and it makes there sleep worse when you stop!!! 

I have been using phenergan and Benadryl And melatonin theses all help with sleep but don't take every night

• Posted

Google Melatonin, Christine and look at the NHS site. It don't seem much better to me. But you can google almost anything and make your own judgement. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.