Mirtazipine & Anxietyi

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I'm a recovering painkiller addict who has just passed the 1 year clean stage which I'm so proud of myself of reaching. I'm on medication to stop the withdrawals and I have and now suffer anxiety issues.I'm on Mirtazipine to stop this anxiety and I can usually have a couple of weeks where my anxietry levels are low but yesterday for some reason ( I don't know what triggerered it ) I had a full blown panic attack and was ready to dial 999 that's how bad I got. I'm wondering if anyone else is on 45mg of Mirtazipine a day and how do you cope when you feel panic attacks coming on. I've tried relaxation cd tracks which helped at the start but now when my anxiety is h

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Somehow it posted before i finished and sorted it into paragraphs, as I was saying...the cd tracks don't help as even on a low volume just the noise or talking makes it worse. I'm on 15mg of Diazipam a day too which help a little.

Any ideas on how I can help stop these attacks happening myself. I usually phone my mum or wife but that sends them into a panic when they hear how much pain I'm in. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

• Posted

You need another med to go with the valium.. valium is short term meaning it don't last all day.. I take Lexapro 10 mg ativan 0.5 4 a day and a beta blocker 25 mg a day..
    • Posted

Hi Tonya, how long have you been on the Ativan and how is it for you and controlling your anxiety? N
    • Posted

Since end of September. . Yes it helps alot.. it works within 15-20 min and last 6-8 hours. If your having a bad attack doc told me to put 1 under your tongue and let it melt. 
    • Posted

Putting tablets like diazipam under your tongue helps it kick in quicker and i sometimes need to do that
  • Posted

Hi, I am not on any medication but I suffer from anxiety too. I would like to ask what kind of anxiety troubles you ??
    • Posted

How do you cope with taking no meds? Any advice I'd love. 
  • Posted

Hi Paul, my suggestion is don't fight it when it comes on, let it run its course and it will go. 

Its horrendous I know to have one but almost invite it to do its worst and get it over with as panic attacks do go on their own usually after peaking after 15 minutes or so.

Try your best not to think about the thoughts which cross your mind when they start as they will be negative and feed the anxiety.

Give it a go and see what happens, alternatives are diazepam and other benzos which you can pop when you feel a panic starting.

• Posted

I can usually let it run it's course and tell myself it's nothing seroius i.e I ain't dying but when I have a full blown attack I can't relax,,,,the only thing that really helps calm me is cuddling into my wife for 5 minutes and that helps but she works 13 hour shifts so I'm screwed when shes at work but if she is working I usually phone my mum and just talking helps me calm down and take my mind of the attacks.
  • Posted

I've Aldo heard that listening and focusing on analogue white noise during an attack helps, the snow sound you get on old radios and untuned analogue TV's.

Search on YouTube there is plenty, just find one which you like the sound of and download it, when you get an attack stick some headphones on and focus on it.

Id be interested to know if it works for you.

• Posted

I've never heard of that but will find some on You Tube and download the file and convert it to mp3 so I can have it on my phone and mp3 player so I'll always have something at hand to help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.