Mirtazipine withdrawal support

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everybody,

I'm just looking for some words of reassurance as I am exhausting all my friends. I don't think my family believes me that I'm experiencing withdrawal from mirtazipine after only being on 7.5 mg for 3 weeks but I truly am and I'm terrified. I've been off for a little over a week and I'm up all night every other night feeling like my skin is crawling and wanting to jump out of my own head. I got 2 hours of sleep last night and feel like I'm going to throw up my breakfast. It might be worse for me as this is on top of existing adrenal fatigue and severe weight loss. Someone please reassure me that this will end.

0 likes, 74 replies

Report / Delete

74 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi ya I'm having a bad waves atm feeling pretty down today sad and can't stop this going over and over in my head. How do you cope and get through it. Pls

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

When I was at my lowest, I tried to stay in the moment and not think about the future at all. It was hard but kept me fear levels down. I also spent a lot of time in bed, resting and listening to stuff on YouTube or elsewhere that were positive. This helped to distract my mind. My goal was to fill myself with positive thoughts so as not to add to my distress. 

I also spent way too much time googling what could be going on. This was not advisable. 

And find someone that understands what you are going through. There are many of us who understand the Mirt journey and can provide the needed support. Those who haven't experienced may do their best but the just don't have a clue. 

Go easy on yourself and recognize WD comes in waves. You just need to get through this wave at the moment. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm having a bad day as well. I'm trying to tell myself that I will have another good day. Because I always do. I can't tell if it's the withdrawal at this point or my old high cortisol problem showing through. I'm 12 days off. Don't worry, the way you feel WILL change.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

How are you doing clem? I'm still having waves. They are every other day on the dot. And every time is different. Yesterday's was extreme depression followed by the squirmy, crawling out of my skin sensation. I still have that right now. Waiting for it to pass. I'm 15 days off. I can't believe this is still happening after taking remeron for only 3 weeks. Maybe it's because I was on another antidepressant for a month before it.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Stayed in all day today. I have two meeting later in the wk for my both girls and dreading every moment especially the one on Friday complete stranger's in one room. That is also add to my disstress to. Any tips on how I can get through this one. Sorry for being a pain it's just on and on stress added. Ty 😀

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You have to kind of distance yourself from the anxiety. Feel it but just observe without judgment. Take it moment by moment. You'll make it through. The way you feel WILL change. Just last night I was laughing at a movie. You'll be ok again.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You still there Clem? How are you doing? I'm 19 days off and I've stopped getting spells where I feel like I need to go to the ER and generally it is slowly getting better but I now have this general feeling of unease and really bad depression almost everyday coupled with awful headaches. Squirmy feeling still comes in waves but is not nearly as bad as it was. At almost 3 weeks I hope my mood will improve soon! I've got a possible Lyme diagnosis though so we'll see where it goes from here. Let me know how you are doing..

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes love still here I've got Dr tomo so hoping there is a plan for me. Feeling it again to day anxiety have kick in again. But I've been on 15mg for one wk Tomo. So I'll let you know what my dr has planned for me.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Oh no just hope it's the sideffect from the Mirtazapine. Went to gp and started me on Sertraline 50mg again and along with Mirtazapine 15mg .

Mirtazapine I take at night and sertraline I take in the morning. But so far I already have side effects. Really bad Diarrhoea and have eaten since breakfast? Hot n cold, shivers and tummy ache plus dull head ache. And don't feel Hungry I'm phoning Dr tomo because surely this shouldn't be happening right away. I feel I'm on the phone all the time

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am feeling really bad trying to,lower these, gone back to 3.5 as couldnt stand next drop.  Still feeling awful, very anxious and agitated all the time.  Pdocsays take benzos and coming kff will,be ok.  It just not ok. Is cbd oil legal? Can i get it at local,herbal,shop?  Which symptoms will it help, depression, anxiety or agitation?  I take warfarin so would like asvice on wherher it will be ok.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

"SUNSHINE"

It was the sertraline I was taking with Mirtazapine . I am on Mirtazapine 15mg and 10mg floxutine coming of Mirtazapine so my dose is being lowered wkly. So Wednesday I'll be going from 15mg mirt to every other day. But still take floxutine 10mg for one wk then every 3rd day of Mirtazapine for one wk still taking floxutine. Then following wk stop taking Mirtazapine and up my dose of floxutine to 20mg .. got cancelling booked tomo feel anxiety is coming and going today not a good day for me. To is another day. I'm glad my appointment is in the morning. How are you feeling?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hey Clem,

Didn't see this until now. How are you doing? I was fine with no anxiety, just some depression for about two weeks and then about 2 days ago the anxiety started up again out of nowhere. Very discouraged but I'm going to push through. I've also just lost my job and been diagnosed with mold toxicity and candida overgrowth. Maybe those were triggers.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up