MIrtazipine withdrawel. I have been suffering insomnia for months. Will it end

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have read old posts on this subject and am wondering whether the problems people had were resolved and how long it tool

PP

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i recovered 😃 x

• Posted

PLEASE please tell me how long you had insomnia Did it improve slowly over how long a time Mine is getting worse It started as soon as I went up from 15 mg to 30 After 7 weeks I went down to 15 and then down to 7.5 I took the last pill 6 weeks ago I am desperate Any help much appreciated I have no life and I am so frightened I am an elderely woman DOCTORS deny this can be result of MIRT but I never had insomnia in my life I feel it must have caused brain damage Sorry to bother you with long mail

• Posted

aw dont say sorry i dont mind at all, ive taken mirtazapine 3 times, twice for a few years and once short term, the insomnia rectified each time, your brain just needs to reach that point, have you ever tried epsom salts in a bath? x

• Posted

thanks so much TODAY IN DESPAIRI AM NOT COPING SO FRIGHTEN D CI C ANT BELIEVE YOU HAVE TAKEN THE TROUBLE TO RESPOND . Could you say how long the insomnia lasted

• Posted

hi, it was 5 months before i fully recovered x

• Posted

Hi Toria and TAC I am being a pest I know but you and Tac are the only people who have given me honest information. the doctor who prescribed the MIRT after I experienced a tragic family event says that it is impossible that MIRT has caused this awful insomnia. I have had no understanding and no solutions from the medical profession.

I guess I just have to live with it and the anxiety it causes. I will try epsom salts and lavander oil Did either of you use sleeping pills I havnt found melatonin helpful.

• Posted

i did not try sleeping pills as the dose of the melatonin 7 half mg was originally s pecifically fir sleep and i did not want to go that route again seems like yours was just fir anxiety and it seems because of lack of sleep as was so in my case you r of course anxxious it is a vicious circle which i can relate to!! my suggestion to u is maybe to try another dr i am not a dr and would hate to give u incorrect info can only talk from my experience please try get professional help maybe from different therapist sleep deprivation is awful good luck

• Posted

your brain just needs to get back to base and your sleep will improve x

• Posted

mine took bout 4 months after i stopped takeng mirt awful withdrawels ut now i am sleeping not as deep as when on drug but am sleeping hang n there it foes get better

• Posted

thank you so very much for your replyWas it 4 months before you saw any improvement or 4 months before you were back to normal Also how long were you on MIRT and what dose

thanks so much again

• Posted

i was on for 4 years on 7 half mg for sleep it helped for bout 4 years then stopped helping so i decided to wean off my dr did not want me too but i had had enough i cut the pill every week till i was not taking anything it was hell i had very bad withdrawels for bout four months after that time it SLOWLY began to improve but i perservered i took 1 mg of melatonin to help me sleep for a while the stopped i walked every day drank tons if water had epsom salt baths at night drank camomile and sleepytime tea at night rubbed lavendar oil on my feet and eventually it got out of my system hope this helped u got this! stay strong sending healing thoughts your way

• Posted

Did you use any medication to help with the insomnia

• Posted

dear TORIA and TAC THANKYOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND RESPONSES. THEY ARE VERY HELPFUL.IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU SUFFERED A LONG TIME BEING AWAKE FOR MOST OR ALL OF THE NIGHT IS SO HARDI AM SUFFERING FROM FEAR AND ANXIETY THAT IT WILL NOT END I ONLY QUIT MIRT 6 WEEKS AGO I WAS ON IT FOR 13 WEEKS BETWEEN mainly 15 and 30 mgm for anxiety but it caused sleep issues after I WENT TO 30 I WAS GIVEN IT FOR ANXIETY! NEVER HAD SLEEP PROBLEMS BEFORE AS I WAS NOT ON THE MED FOR LONG I COULDNT UNDERSTAND SUCH WITHDRAWEL PROBLEMS

• Posted

maybe melatonin would help while u having wihdrawels speak t o your dr first

• Posted

it will rectify i promise and you can always message me if you need to talk x

• Posted

THATS REALLY KIND ARE YOU IN THE UK OR USA

THANK YOU

• Posted

I have tried melatonin it didnt seem to help but I will try again

THANKS so much for taking the trouble to communicate I am reasured that it will endI will have to toughen up and deal with it I was totally unaware of withdrawel symptoms from antidepressants

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.