Mirtrazapine

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been taking 15mg Mirtrazapine for only one week. First night I slept for about 12 hours and was spaced out for the rest of the day. Took them again the following evening and woke up feeling like it was the end of the world, horrible. After a week of feeling like a zombie and feeling disconnected from everything, including my feelings, I have decided to stop them but still have a horrible feeling of being disconnected and feel like all my muscles in my body have gone weak. Anybody know how long it takes for this drug to get out of your system? getting worried about the disconnected feeling. Any input would be well appreciated.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi mark I know what you mean about the disconnected feeling however if I'm honest I needed that at the beginning to cope. This went over time or I just got use to it, not sure which. I was only on it for three months as after a while I got this feeling I wasn't in control. My partner said I was vacant at times. Since coming off it I have felt in control of me and I'm losing weight ...id gained so much in three months being on these. Luckily I've had no withdrawal symptoms other than insomnia creeping back in.
    • Posted

Thanks Felicity,

Had a horrible week really. As I said, second morning felt like ending it all and told my partner, who was obviously concerned and called the emergency services who booked me in to see a Psyc at the hospital. Ironically by the time we got to the hospital in the evening I felt much better and sussed out it was the drugs causing this. They said that I was at no risk to myself and sent me home to carry on taking the tablets. I usually wear earplugs because we live opposite a big truck yard that make loads of noise from 4am onwards but forgot to put them in and had a broken sleep and we all know how important every minute of sleep is when youve had insomnia for over a month. Anyways, when I woke up I felt annoyed with the truck yard and frustrated with myself, which I suppose is an improvement on feeling like the end of the world. I tried to explain my frustration to my partner who was very stressed out about me telling her I felt like ending it the day before and has been with me through my insomnia and anxiety problems for over a month now. She ended up saying that she was thinking of leaving and I don't know if its because I was under the influence of drugs but it had a massive effect on me and made me feel hopeless and worried. You know how easy it is for your head to pick up on bad things when your anxious anyway. The next day I felt totally worn out and dead inside and out. the day after that I kept bursting into tears as if she had left already, even though she had only gone to work. Day after that I woke up feeling what could only be described as heart broken. I feel like being on the drugs has stopped me from reasoning things out and the anxiety I felt got out of hand in my head. I also noticed that my pee was really dark colour in the mornings, so decided to come off them. I don't know if its the stress of the last week and the real life worry that has made me feel the way I feel at the moment or if its the drugs??

Sorry to go on felicity but I am a bit worried. I just want to feel a bit normal

• Posted

Mark firstly I want to say don't apologise ever, we all here to help one another. People on here have helped me so much just in the fact we all understand one another.

I remember feeling like that and sometimes still do in terms feeling a bit irrational, and I know it's irrational thinking but can't help it. I'm sorry to hear about your partner, I do feel for our partners it must be hard for them. I think sometimes I'm a complete emotional wreck but them watching it must be hard too. But you can't be so hard on yourself either we have an illness. Mirt isn't for everyone and there are other meds out there. It's worth talking to your doctor and see what else there is. I did go cold turkey and I think I've been lucky.

I personally did research on mirt cause I wasn't feeling great and this is why I'm on this site. Maybe research other ones and talk to your doctor about them.

Just remember you will get it sorted yes it's a hard road but you will get there just don't bottle things in makes it worse.

Xx

• Posted

Thanks again Felicity, Yes it is hard for them I know. I actually feel bad about mentioning it now even though I mean no harm to my partner, I'm just looking for answers I guess to find a way out of this confusion as I cant understand why I took it so badly. She appologised to me but at the time I felt so worn out it didnt seem to sink  in. I love her and feel really bad sometimes when I see her stressed out and upset by everything I've been going through. We are quite iscolated here where we live, so we have only got each other really, so I have only had her to unload my problems onto but being in a confused state you tend to forget how it effects the ones around you that you love. She has mentioned that it has been a bit much hearing stuff day after day but once again, being confused, the next day rolls by and you forget. I have been here on my own most of the time in the daytime for what seems like ages now, as I am self employed but havent been able to work since th middle of February, which has caused financial stress as well.

Thanks again Felicity and I really hope you carry on feeling better.

• Posted

Mark have you gone back to your doctor.  When I started I felt tired like you. Mirt is not like your normal AD.  It has a sedating effect which is why it helps most sleep.  You need to wean yourself off or if you go cold turkey like you seem to have.  The affects can last up to 10 days if not longer.  There is no time limit of how long it stays in your system.  Everyone is different.  My pharmacy told me its stays in your system 20-40 hours which is why we feel tired during the day.  Go back to the doctor or call the pharmacy and ask them. 
    • Posted

Thanks Kathy, Think I'm going to see them tomorrow because I have also developed an ear infection and my pee in the morning has been really dark in colour. ead online that if you have dark urine you should stop taking them and see your GP. Tried alsorts of stuff theyve given me but had some sort of problem with all of them. Sertraline made me anxious and the sleeping tablets they gave me for night time only really worked for one night. Now the mirtrazapine.

Thanks again Kathy for your input.

• Posted

Wow I am glad you are going to see someone.  Its sounds you are likeme.  I am very sensitive to meds and cannot tolerate any.  The Mirt was th last one and I had no adverse reaction to it.   I was on 15mg for 21 days and started feeling  alittle hopeless and so they raised to 22.5 for 27 days and I still had anxiety and then upped to 30mg and then I got 4 hours sleep so.  So weaned myself down to 22.5mg and held for 2 weeks and then down to 15mg where I have been sitting for 25 days now.  Really helps with the sleep but makes me sedated but lI take Clonazepam for the anxiety which adds to the sedated affect.  I do not have depression but they always try and AD because its suppost to work for anxiety but hasn't helped me.   That is why I want off.  You need to wean yourself by 10% and hold for about 2-3 weeks for your brain to catch up.  Your issues sound a little more comple4x and not good so am glad you are seeing someone.  Good Luck!!   
    • Posted

Thanks again Kathy,

So do you reckon it will still take 2-3 weeks even though I have only taken it for a week?

Thanks again, Mark.

• Posted

Mark I wish I could say yes but everyone is different.  You sound like me and are sensitive to meds so it may take a little longer but the WD effects should start becoming less which is what happened wuth me.  Did you go to the doctor?
    • Posted

Hi Kathy, yes, went to Doctors but my doctor wasnt in that day. So just got something for my ear infection which has been confusing everything because that camn make you feel depersonalised too. Doctor not sure if I have an infection yet as my ear is blocked with wax as well which I need to get rid of first. I think the drugs where out of my sytem by then and have felt a lot more normalish, apart from still feeling quite fragile after all the insomnia related anxiety etc that led me to being on them and other stuff before that. They did help me to sleep and I can hopefully carry on getting proper sleep to get some strength back.

Thanks again Kathy, keep me updated on how you are getting on.

Thanks again, Mark.

• Posted

Hi Mark

I only wanted to say that as you have only been on Mirt for a week you will be fine to just 'stop', you may get a slight wave or maybe a buzz around the head, but best get off quick if you've decided its not for you.  I would say that beyone 3 or 4 weeks would be different, but 1 week you'll be fine.

Wishing you well.

• Posted

Many thanks for the info. I gathered as much as I started feeling normalish after about 3 days.

Only problem I've got is that I am starting to have trouble sleeping again as my sleep routine has been hampered by stressful events here at home over the last few days. Just wondering if I just took just 7.5 mg of the Mertrazapine would it act as a sleeping tablet without any of the haziness that they cause in the day.

Many thanks again, Mark.

• Posted

Hi Mark

The 7.5 mg may well help you sleep, but it can't be used as a sleeping tablet, it may well be addictive for you, and as such when you don't take it you won't be able to sleep.  Plus ... (sorry there's more) the times you don't take it you may well have symptoms of withdrawal ... it's a big no no to use on an "when needed" basis.

You could Phenergen, you can buy it over the counter, it is used for children also, and many folk have relied on it when going through wd from the Mirt' as insomnia usually kicks in when withdrawn.  It's non addictive, it may cause a little fuzzy head first thing but wears off quite quickly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.