Mirtrazine

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have been on mirtrazine 30 mg for 13 days previous I was on 15 mg for 14 days I seem to go flat around the two week mark .i woke really anxious this morning taken a diazepam so I could go back to sleep as sleep also along with depression and anxiety feel in a black hole finding it difficult to see any future .am seeing doctor for update.have been searching on here but lots of them so old now .do I hang in there is it still early days.so difficult I know you all know my pain so lonely .my family are at a loss they just keep saying how you feeling mum.i could scream ,

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm hoping you can find relief for your depression/anxiety in SOME manner that is also GOOD for YOU. Thanks for your response....best to you.

• Posted

Thank you so much yes I would dearly love some relief long lonely road xxx

• Posted

hI dawn! Started on Mirt about 6 weeks ago(15mg). My psy upped it to 30mg 2 1/2  weeks ago.i take 15mg in the morning and 15mg at night.I do notice it doesn't have the "punch" it did when I first took it,but I have IBS pain and now a hernia which has to be fixed,both of which cause me pain and aniexty so I'm on Gabapetin for nerve block and Tramadol for pain,all of which were started shortly before the MIrt(although they have doubled my Gabapetin from 200 to 400 at the same time they doubled my Mirt),so it's hard to tell if the Mirt is still strong enough until I get the hernia fixed! Hang in ther! God Bless You,Bob(Ohio,USA)

• Posted

Hi Dawn.I've been on 30mg for about 2 1/2 weeks,up from 15mg starting 7 weeks ago.I take 15mg in the morning,15 mg at night.I also noticed it doesn't pack the"punch" it did after 2-3 weeks.But as it is used to be a mood stabalizer as well as sleep aid,it might just be setting in,if you will,and you might start to even out.I would hang in there for at least 2-3 more weeks,take one day a time.Good luck and God Bless You,Bob

• Posted

Thankyou Robert fingers x last two days slept better and noticed a little calmer on week 3 of 30 mg .i get the fact it doesn't punch the punch Thankyou for your reply will hang in there xxx

• Posted

Hi, hope the days are seeming a bit better for you. I slept 8 hours, with the help of mirtas i think.  Wake up today feeling angry, at what, havent a clue, just another emotion now gone.  Did dr say why blood tests for your husky voice.  Mine isnt great but i think its from the blood thinning med i take which they changed recently.  Thats another story.  My dr has suggested half mirtaz am and half pm, as i couldnt cope with whole dose.  Wonder if i should try that.  Been on low dose so many months now.
    • Posted

When I go to my food intolerance test my thyroid always comes up ,have had blood test years ago came back ok however if I lived in America they would treat my intolerance lady said when I gave her my results unfortunately here in England we pooh pooh alternative therapy  .I also mentioned that both my sisters are on thyroxine and have been for years my voice has changed.Doctor said it usually runs in families that is why testing ,not holding out much hope though always had hormone imbalance was treated with gestone years ago until they decided it was too expensive so changed me to Prozac which helped with the premenstral .

• Posted

Hope to hear how you get on with thyroid tests.  I am keen to ask gp,to do t3 and t4 tests as they are more accurate I believe.  Nobody has gone down that route with me yet.  I also think nhs in uk is lacking in a lot of these tests. Costs i suspect.

have you gone down alternative therapy line yet as i think its something we can look at.  Not via gp though, do you know nhs have cut all funding for homeopathic medicine for last few years.

i am thinking about private one but wonder if theres too much medication in the mix.

look forward to your results

• Posted

Will do Ann .I do pay private to have testing have been about 10 years now been very helpful in knowing what foods to eat too .always my thyroid and hormones been out of kilt .
  • Posted

Having mine tested tomorrow, my therapist agreed it was a good idea...to check out

the T3 and T4,,,many thanks...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.