Missed 4 days, what should I do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was on 10mg celexa for 11 days when I decided to quit as I was having a very hard time with the anxiety. I have been off for three days. I am thinking that may have been a mistake and am wondering if I can just restart? If so, I will I have to endure all that anxiety again?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Albert,  I am afraid the answer is yes, and yes.  You can restart, and yes, you will most likely have the anxious feelings again.  BUT, everyone is different, so maybe it won’t be so bad.  You really have to stick with it, as it goes for most of these meds.  11 days is very early on, as it takes a good 5-7 weeks...actually takes 6-8 weeks, and some take longer.  Some people will tell you it can take months for your body to adjust completely.  You may feel yourself feel better in the weeks to come, then feel like you have taken a step, or 3 backward.  This is all normal!  But this is the meds working.  You will see changes in yourself going forward little by little.  But it takes time.  I personally think if after 2-3 months, if you do not feel right, I would talk to your doctor, maybe what works for others won’t work for you, and maybe you and your doctor will decide to make a change.  But, you can not just stop the meds cold turkey...these meds are serious meds, and you have to be careful!  You have to slowly go off of them, just like you go on them, it will take a while.  It can really mess up your body, and your head.  So if you do decide to go off, do it with your doctor, they will help you.  You may have to wait a short time before you start a new one, then you will have to start all over...keep that in mind too. 

Remember, it took you a long time to get where you are now, so the meds can’t just fix what is wrong over night...it takes time.  I have been on Cital/Celex 20 mg for 3 years.  I do very well on it.  I do however have what I call an off day (some call them blips) now and then. But, now I know what they are, what to do, and I am fine, and they don’t last very long anymore.  This is all normal.

• Posted

Sorry Albert...had a bit of a crash...

I just wanted to finish by telling you that we are here for you anytime, especially when you are feeling the anxiety.  We know and understand how you are feeling, as we all have either been where you are, or are going through it with you.  We don’t judge anyone here.  We are here to help each other.  I know I sure am happy I found this forum, as it has helped me a great deal!  We have a lot of wonderful people on here, and they have a lot of great advice.  We are here if you just want or need to vent too!  Some time it just helps to do that!  I wish you good luck! 

You take care of yourself!

• Posted

I have found through experience that 2 missed doses or more leads to unbarable anxiety i would continue to take them but inform your gp. I am also a mental health nurse. Hope all goes well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.