Missed one pill, now I’m on my period?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I’ve been on Cerazette for 3 months now, and have just missed a pill for the first time. This is because I was coming away for the weekend and left my pack at home stupidly. Having missed my Friday pill, I went on Saturday to get it and was told I should just continue taking it at the same time and all would be fine. However, even despite taking it on Saturday as normal, it’s now Sunday and I’ve got a period for the first time in 3 months.

I didn’t realise that missing one pill would bring back your period literally instantly? I’m fuming that no doctor raised this with me as a possibility, so I’m not sure what to expect in terms of how heavy/long it will be. Does missing one pill essentially reset your body? Has anyone else experienced this? The whole reason I went on the pill was because of my painful periods so I’m freaking out a little! 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.