Mitazapine withdrawel no sleep

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I've been on mitazapine a about a year and a half for insomnia finally think this has pooped out as I've been waking and struggling for sleep last 6 months finally trying to come off 3rd try I was on 45mg Oct dropped to 30 waited a while dropped 30mg 22.5mg now down to 15mg.This is tough depression insomnia ten fold the sleep is the biggest issue doc won't give anything for this anyone find anything to help?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have trouble understanding you due to lack of punctuation, but will try to help you.

I do not know why you were on 45mg of mirt.  That is too much to help with insomnia.  15mg or less is likely to be much better - so I recommend you stay at that.   Unfortunately it may take a while for your sleep to improve because you may suffer symptoms due to withdrawal from 45mg.   Best wishes.   

• Posted

Were you depressed before you went on it or it popped out ?

You should really sleep better at 15mg.

When did start to get worse as soon as you dropped from 45mg or more recently.

Maybe you could ask for another AD ?

• Posted

HI LORRAINE4444,,how long have u been reducing from 45mg-30mg-22.5 mg-15mg,,doing this too quick is no good at all it can cause bad side effects u need to stablelise yourself and take it from there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,GOOD LUCK,,,,,,BLUESY 
    • Posted

Hi terrible with punctuation kids all running around just me rushing.i dropped 45mg last October, then 30mg over 4 weeks and now at 15mg.I never really suffered with depression it seems to just come in waves feeling OK now it was mainly insomnia with anxiety I was put on it for.I am looking at changing to something else x
    • Posted

HI LORRAINE,,there is lots of these meds ,,when i came off mirt i had sleep problems and dr prescribed TRAZODONE 50MG this helped me a lot and now only take it when i feel restless,,,,,,,,,,,BLUESY

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.