Mitrazepine

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm eating everything I see I'm 13 stone and can't afford any more weight going on I've been taken off 300 mg trazadone to 30 mg mitrazepine

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Sadly hunger and weight gain go with this drug. I gained over a stone but have failed to lose any now that I am off this awful drug
    • Posted

Did u just eat more or did the weight go on by itself
  • Posted

Unfortunately mirtazapine also put weight on so be careful.
    • Posted

Hi I'm not sure either but I went back on mirtazapine to gain some weight as I was so painfully thin I have put some weight on now but my appetite has gone now. Weight with mirtazapine is really a false weight cos even if you don't eat much the weight seems to stay on .I've stopped them now I don't really like them or side effects. Do you feel you really need antidepressants xx

• Posted

First Ihalved my 15mg pill as it was making me groggy all next day. After a few months I then went to quarter pills and then not every night until just before Christmas I went "cold turkey". Off  9 weeks and my poor sleep pattern is back but not lost any weight.

• Posted

hi Dawn been on mirt years, im 18 1/2 stone ate everything in sight for first 2 years then went back slowly to normal eating but have never lost the weight tried dieting nothing works. tried to cut down drug a month ago terrible side effect could not function and eating all the time , because i need to get on with thing in life at the moment i can afford to be ill every day with side effect, so, regrettably gone back to my normal dose, but still overeating. if you have not been on this drug for long get of it while you can without to much difficulty, it's a terbile tablet to get off

• Posted

I couldn't agree more I was on them but stopped I'd been on them a long time. Fortunately for me I didn't get any withdrawals I felt taking mirtazapine was making me feel worse and working against me. I had put weight on but had no appetite after a while of taking them. But the weight did come off eventually. After a few years I went very thin and frail that was due to losing my mum and then another terrible shock. I went back on them again through pressure but only 15mg I didn't really want them then thought well I might put some weight on and I have but they have done nothing for depression or anxiety. I've stopped them now. But I think a lot of antidepressants can do more harm than good they are addictive no matter what a lot of doctors say .

• Posted

Appointment for the doctors again for me then hopefully will be put back on trazadone

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.