Mitrazipine

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I have been prescribed. 15mg Mitrazipine which helped me sleep first 5 nights then stopped! Doc suggests I do 30mg? Is that not less sedating? I have anxiety especially over sleep. Any experiences welcome

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I went from 15 to 30 mg for the same reason and the difference is wonderful. For the first time in months I had a nightmare free 8 hour sleep. I would definitely recommend this. Hope this helps you. Good luck
  • Posted

When I begun on mirtazapine I had horrific insomnia they began me on 15mg which like you said worked for a couple of nights then it was like my body got used to it. (I have found out over the years though that I have quite a high tolerance level to these meds)

So then I got put on 30mg, which done the same but it lasted for 2 week then my body seemed to get used to it and my sleep was terrible again. So the doc prescibed 45 mg per night and this was right for me and has been working excellent for 2 years.

Just make sure you are comfortable with the side effects though, do a bit of research as I never got told anything and gain over 4 stone in 2 years, and I am now in process of withdrawal which it very hard.

Mirtazapine is a fantastic med and has helped me so much and if it is sleep you need go for it, every night I had a sound sleep panic attacks stopped and wasn't depressed or anxious, which was what I needed, all the best, keep us updated. ☺

• Posted

I too did not sleep well on 15mg but 30mg helped me sleep well for four years. I don't agree that lower dosef mirt are more sedating. Everyone is different and some sleep better on less, some on more.
  • Posted

Thanks for all for taking your time to reply.... Really appreciate it - your comments have helped hugely- I did take a 30mg last night and I did sleep but was just worrying about long term as the 15mg didn't work for that... Just hope it keeps working - your comments have suggested it might do! 
  • Posted

Did the 30mg help your anxiety
    • Posted

Yes, it helped me with sleeping and anxiety for four years before suddenly stopping working one day. I decided to come off it completely rather than trying upping my dose to 45mg. So I am tapering off right now and down to less than 1mg.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.