MND, Brain tumour, MS

Posted , 6 users are following.

Good morning

after another  sleepless night of me worrying I'm looking for a bit of advice.  I've been having pins and needles in face, hands and feet for a while. Went docs, really thought I'd be sent  away  saying its anxiety related. Instead, I'm being sent for a neck and spine scan. It's all I can think of now till I get this over and done with. I've got 2 young children and I couldn't bear if I couldnt see them grow up (extreme thinking I know). But now I'm certain it is MND, MS or a brain tumour. What if all along I have been ill, whilst being told I have health anxiety! I've had enough 😥

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Jods it is most likely just anxiety I had that for months including my hands would feel like they were on fire and I would put them in front of an air conditioner or run them under cold water to cool them down for months and months sure I had some dreaded disease.I also had pins and needles in face and legs and feet. Your Doc is covering his butt and being very cautious thats all. 
  • Posted

Sounds awful Jods. Its so hard waiting for tests when you feel this way. I was at my worst waiting for tests and for days I just felt like my whole world was going to come crashing down around me because of the results. Didn't sleep at all. But some of the things I was imagining seem so ridiculous when I look back from the other side, so I know it's hard, but honestly it probably IS anxiety and the test will be fine. Lack of sleep will be fueling the fire. So perhaps ask your doc for a few sleepings to take when you really need them just to get you through until you get the results of your test. (They are never a long term option but can help short term if you think you will feel better naturally after the test.) This just helped bring me back from a sleep deprivation related spiral into chaos! You will be fine. How long do you have to wait for the test?
  • Posted

Do you have a date for your scan yet? Waiting for something like that just makes you even more anxious. Big (((hugs))) The only thing I can suggest is have you tried deep breathing and visualisation techniques before?
  • Posted

If it is any consolation to you, instances of brain tumours are quite rare.

I feel that your GP's action in sending you for a scan is the correct one, and is normal practice.

What I think you have to try to understand is that this is purely a precautionary measure, and in no way implies that you are suffering from a serious health condition.

Please do not pre-empt what is likely to be the result of anxiety, or you may well make yourself feel a great deal worse.

• Posted

Hey keep your chin up!

I went through a phase of thinking similar thoughts. I never slept for 3 weeks(soul destroying) , Severe muscle twitches, Weakness in my limbs, Dizziness, Face Twitches, Lump in my throat...Lack of Appetite, No energy. Had CT Scans, bloods, numerous physical assessments, ECGs thought it would never end

Turns out it was Anxiety and Depression, can do very strange things to our body and mind... Try focus your mind on positive thoughts I feel great now, take venlafaxine and olanzapine. Stay strong!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.