Molloscum contagium or Genital wart

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've recently noticed a small bump on my penis and am extremely worried it could be a genital wart. The problem I have is that I have been in a monogamous relationship for nearly 8.5 years and am wondering how I have acquired it. My partner did mention she had pre cancerous cells removed before our relationship. Please help I am out of my mind with worry and am starting to wonder where I go from here. I have pictures but am unsure how to post on here.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Here is a picture. It has been taken through an otoscope that I have. The black dimple is what is making me think it molloscum contagium however I have applied white vinegar to test to see if it is a wart? Can HPV stay dormant for 8 years if I have contracted from a previous relationship. I have also just recovered from a period of depression/anxiety.
    • Posted

Sorry, but it's quite hard to make anything out from that pic, and it isn't even clear where it is if you're using an otoscope.

HPV can stay dormant for years, but that doesn't mean you have a wart.  

This is obviously bothering, but even if it wasn't, I'd suggest you get a doctor to take a look.  You could either see your GP, or if you're in the UK, you could go to a genitourinary medicine (GUM) clinic - google "GUM clinic near me" for details.

If you could update this thread and tell us what the doctors say, it would be appreciated.  Good luck.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.

• Posted

I am going to a GUM clinic after I discuss with my partner. I really dont want to be creeping around as if I am hiding something. The psychological pain is bothering me more as my partner is very insecure from past relationship issues. This doesnt bother me as I love her and just keep reassuring her but this...........
    • Posted

Could be folliculitis.  I'd get it checked out though.  In your position, I wouldn't mention it to your partner, unless it does turn out to be a wart.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.