Mom's got her menopause, Is it possible for her to get her Period again?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

My mom has hit the menopause, i was wondering if there are any supplements/herbs she could take to get her period again. It would be really appreciated if i could get any repsonses regarding this.

Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, she can have her GYN medically induce her periods with hormones but they have such horrible side effects. I don't know too much about which herbs she can try to restart it. Some of the other women on this forum may be a lot more resourceful in this area. But just to name a few, there's Don Quai, Chastenerry and I think Maca Root may work. Hope this helps.
    • Posted

Sorry, my keyboard auto-typed the wrong thing. I meant "chasteberry".
  • Posted

If she is in menopause which means she hasn't had a period in one year or more, then the answer is no. She will not have periods anymore and there's nothing that can change that. It is a natural part of aging. Her reproductive system has closed shop for good. Why would she want her periods back?
  • Posted

Hi ohibbg.

I used dong quai which made my periods come back after about a month on it.

I stayed on it for three months but as it had no effect on my other menopause symptoms I stopped taking it and they stopped again.

Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.