Mona Lisa Touch? I see comment from a year ago....how is it going now?

Posted , 3 users are following.

For those women who have had Mona Lisa Touch treatment could you give your review? Were your symptoms sever? Has the symptoms been relieved?  I also have seen comments from over a year ago that this treatment may be covered by insurance? I'm considering treatment and would like to gather as much information as possible. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had my seventh treatment yesterday. I feel great, no burning, no irritation etc. It is like nothing was done but of course it was and I was awake. I am now going every 6 months and this seems to be the key for me. I also think that the worse the vaginal atrophy is, the more treatments it may take to feel normal. In may case it wasn't until after the 6th treatment that I felt completely normal. It has taken a long time and a lot of money to get here but I am glad I stuck it out.

I gave my Dr. the insurance codes for the procedure and she said she would check on it. 

• Posted

Hi Jean

i am so very happy for you.  Were you having to use creams or Vagifem during the 6 treatments?  Please let us know how you do with insurance with the codes.

have a great day. Wish we all knew about long term.

wendy

• Posted

I couldn't use creams or any over the counter stuff because I am allergic to all the chemicals. Even the supposed hypo-allergenic creams caused severe burning. Coconut oil also burned as well as Vit. E and every other home remedy. I still use the vagifem 2x week even with the Mona Lisa. I could possibly get by without it but I don't want to change what is working. Before the ML I could use vagifem every day for months with no improvement.

Maybe the other person who posted the codes could reply how much they covered. 

• Posted

I haven't been on here for some time.  I had the Mona Lisa treatments in Sept/Oct/Nov 17 and 95% of my problems have gone.  I no longer have any burning pain, UTIs, pain during intercourse or smell.  I do still take Vagifem every 2-3 days and always use one after sex.  It is the best £2200 I have spent and wish I had found out about it sooner.  I had two years of utter misery and pain and am disgusted the UK doctors do not seem to even have heard of it.

The consultant I saw did say I would need a top up every year or so but so far that is not the case and I suspect this was a bit of a money making ploy.

With hindsight I believe I only needed one or two treatments, not three, as the results were pretty instant.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.