MONTHS of Stress & Lack of Sleep

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello. I have had about 3 months of stress where I had to prepare for my graduation and had to stay up well up to 2 am or 3 am working. Then after those 3 months I only had 1 week of break before I immediately jumped into my internship that lasted 2 months. I worked 5 days a week from 9 am to 7pm. So when I come home it's already late, around 8pm and I have to get dinner ready and wash up and do the dishes etc. During these 5 months I have felt stressed but I never had an anxiety/panic attack or got dizzy. But a few days after the 5 months was over, a panic attack seem to hit me out of nowhere at 2 am in the morning.

Is it possible to remain fine during loooong stressful periods and then suddenly crack during the peaceful period of no work??? Because right now I have very little work and I feel like the stress I felt before should dissapear now but it seems like it just exploded into one panic attack after another??

I feel really lightheaded and dizzy and have visited the doctor numerous times for blood tests and they said I was not anaemic or had sugar level problems. They said I should visit an Ent, cause it could be sinus or inner ear imbalance but I declined on going because I think it's stress.  

Can lack of sleep and exercise really do THIS much damage to our mental health???

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Fowldays, I sleep so little that I wonder how I am still healthy at all!!Exercise really helps a lot...it burns off excell adrenaline and tires you out enough to sleep.Unfortunately, I'm not in the best physical to exercise atall right now, hopefuly that will change soon I'm sure you will get other responses here, dear heart. Hang in there.excercise can be a swift walk around the block to start.

• Posted

That's the plan! :D I'm just worried by lightheaded dizzy feeling is going to cause me to pass out when I jog. 

• Posted

If you walk rather than jog...you won't fall so hard, dear boy.lol Start slow....walk. Remember we have to walk before we run.

Also, by now you know thoughts like I'm going to pass out....are just thoughts. Get your butt out the door Jim Thorpe.

• Posted

I want to excercise but I feel so off balanced and my legs got weak. And I feel lethargic even after 7 to 8 hours of sleep for the past 3 days. I don't know why I fwel like this even after long hours of sleep

• Posted

Every person's metabolism is different from the other, I think you already answered yourself by asking that specific question. Try to exercise and sleep at least 8 hours a day. Going to bed early waking up and exercising helps.

• Posted

yeah, it's just weird that I didn't break down half way through the months but right after. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.