Mood up and down

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi all smile I started on 10mg of citalopram 11 days ago for depression/anxiety, just wondering if it's normal to have a low mood in the mornings then mood improves then feel low again in the evenings?

Thankyou, any support would be greatly appreciated xx

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kez,

Good to hear you've started on Citalopram, I am also on 10mg and am just over two weeks in. It is completely normal to feel that way, they can take a good few weeks to have an impact sometimes even longer. I seem to have good days and bad days so far but keep going and well done you for seeking help smile

• Posted

Hi Jade, thanks for your reply, and Thankyou for the reassurance that the up and down mood is normal, I can't wait till the day I wake up and just feel somewhat normal again xx

• Posted

I also can't wait for that day! I keep reminding myself that I am doing the right thing by getting help and it might be a long road but there is a light at the end smile we can do this! X

• Posted

hi yes this is quite common at the start of taking citalopram it does improve inĀ  couple of weeks 10mg is a starting dose so depending on how your problem is the doc may up your dose i hope this helps alan
    • Posted

Hi Alan, thanks for your reply and giving me reassurance, I'm just hoping that the 10mg will level me out xx

• Posted

Yes, I was always worse in the morning. I went up to 20 then 30mgs over a series of weeks. Also started feeling bad around 3 in the afternoon. I was given Ativan thend something else that worked better for me.

That was last summer. Now I have weaned myself to 20 mgs and no additional medication. I am controlling my anxiety before it gets me to that awful point of chest pain etc by using CBT techniques and what I call, mind over matter.

Best of luck, just know it can get better.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up