More anxiety after increased dose of Prozac?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I increased my dose of Prozac four days ago from 20mgs to 40mgs and my anxiety has gotten worse. Does anyone know how long this will last? Is this just temporary?

Thank you!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi.

I just raised my disease to 20mg to 40 mg last week.

I hade a peak of raised anxiety for three days. After a week I feel better.

I just am feeling a little nauseous. The sexual side effects seem also to have increased.

But my anxiety is now diminished.

Hope this helps

• Posted

Thanks, that's helpful. Hopefully I will be better in a few days.

• Posted

Yup, totally normal unfortunately. It will settle down though. Give it time!
    • Posted

Do you know how long it will take to settle down? Today is actually day six since the increase and I still feel pretty bad.
    • Posted

Ive read some people say increasing the dose is like starting from scratch again rolleyes but i think within 1-2 weeks you'll start to notice improvement

• Posted

Everyone is different. I'm sure you know this but make sure you know the side effects and what is normal and what needs attention. If your symptoms continue to worsen you should go back to your doctor for advice and help. Never take it into your own hands. This especially includes if you are ever having any harmful thoughts about yourself. As obvious as it sounds, always read the label, and pay attention to what it says. Sending lots of best wishes x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.