More forgetful than usual

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I've been on flu for just over 4 weeks now. However recently ive been noticing I'm more forgetful than usual. Not major things like turning the oven off etc but little things like I'm meant to ring a company up or I'm meant to post a letter or small everyday things. I never used to forget these

Can this happen on flu and I'm not just going crazy??

Thanks smile

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi Leah, much the same happened to me although I was'nt sure if it was the Fluoxetine or a combination of that and having a lot of things going through my mind at the same time, system overload type thing! But a few months down the line things are on a more even keel and it is less frequent now, thankfully, I'm sure yours will pass in time too smile
  • Posted

Hi Leah

The same thing is happening to me, I'm 12 weeks on fluoxetine but its only started recently, like you said nothing major just things like forgetting we needed bread & not remembering what iv come upstairs to get it's really annoying & hope it soon passes.

Apart from that how are you finding fluoxetine? I'm feeling so much better almost back to 'normal'. It's hard in the beginning but worth persevering.

Hope your memory gets better soon!!

Take care

Katie

• Posted

Hi Katie,

Other than the memory and feeling tired I'm finding Fluoxetine is settling me a lot more now :-)

I'm a lot more "up" rather than down. Yeah I also found the first few weeks hard but I think once you get yourself into that positive mindset it helps you a lot more too! I'm finding I'm able to go out and actually have the effort to do things now which is great!

Glad you're feeling better :-)

• Posted

Hi Leah.

I have been on Fluoxetine for 15 years now and they are really good. You are not going crazy hun, it's just the Fluoxetine chilling you out. When you are chilled and relaxed it is natural to forget things. So don't worry. You may find that you will go through periods of yawning. This is normal too. Again it just shows that the tablets are working to "chill" you.

Hope this helps.

Helen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.