Morning awfulness

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

day 23 and feeling sooo awful on waking and getting up, once I've had a diazepam and a drink I'm a tiny bit more normal although jittery,  then the day is better than last week. Is this normal? Will it wear off? I'm so fed up with it 😞😞😞

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I was the same as you. Morning anxiety is horrible and frustrating, especially if you've been great the night before. It's like you wake up and boom....anxiety again.

It took time, but each day I could feel the anxiety lessening. If I felt really crap, I'd take an ativan too.

• Posted

Somehow I posted before I'd finished!

My morning anxiety has pretty much gone. I found if I had at least one thing to look forward to each day, I managed a bit better. Even just looking forward to a bath or relaxing on the couch at the end of the day was enough.

Stay strong, you will get there.

• Posted

Hi Marf

I've been on citalopram for five months now. The morning anxiety was only bad for about three weeks..It was like it was the last really bad anxiety to leave.

I thought it would never end, but it does get better. It just takes time.

Louise

• Posted

Thanks so much, I'm really hoping at day 23 that it disappears soon xxx it's so nice to speak to someone a bit further along the journey xxx
    • Posted

Hi, yes its slowly decreasing, I've not been sick or had any diazepam for the last two mornings, and I've worked today too so def on the up xxx thanks for your support, how are you? xxx
    • Posted

Must be a relief not being sick. I'm having a wee bit of a wobbly day..nothing major, but still throws me a bit. Luckily I now understand much more about anxiety and have coping mechanisms in place.

Glad to hear that you are coping better.

Take care and keep believing in yourself.

• Posted

Hey Marf

How are you doing?.Hope things are ticking along nicely.

Take care.Louise

• Posted

I'm actually really good (sshh someone might hear!) I still think I could improve but feeling a million times better than a few weeks ago. I'm so proud of myself for sticking with it xxx how are you doing? xxxxx
    • Posted

Well done you!

Still having wobbly days, but getting on with life. Think I just need to focus on the positive not the negative. I too think I have got lots of room for improvement,but as you said...a million times better than a few short months ago.

Have a great day.x

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up