Morning itching, no rash?

Posted , 2 users are following.

For a few days I have had itching on the tops of my feet, ankles, shins, hips, front of knees and tops of hands. There is no rash and no redness unless scratched. No track marks or blister or pimple looking spots. The itching starts in the morning and lasts into the early afternoon. It comes back, not as bad, a few hours before I go to bed.

My doctor treated me for scabies (we had an outbreak at the nursing home I work in) but the itching is still there and think there may be something else going on. Amy ideas?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Does this start after a meal?   Possibly an allergic reaction to something? Have you changed your diet recently? 

If this continues or gets worse, do go back to your doctor.  Itching on the tops of your hands can indicate a problem with your liver.

• Posted

I have not had any diet or detergent changes, and it usually starts before I eat anything.

• Posted

Is there something new being used at The Nursing Home?...different hand wash or different detergent used on bedding?  Air freshener?   What is your job at the nursing home? 

Rashes can often develop if you are really stressed over something ,also if you are in an older age group it could be just a drying of your skin. Have you tried any dry skin creams?  Best used at night.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.