Morning night or afternoon

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've always taken cit at night no probs. Recently upped to 30mg and my sister and nurse said to take in morning. So I switched but found morning anxiety worse and tired during day. Also started waking really early in morning. Anxiety wasn't as bad and but still waking during night and early and really tired. Switched back to night. Nothing really changed. Wasn't quite as tired however now I'm shattered as havnt been getting enough sleep. When do others stake theirs? Thinking of changing to afternoon.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Claire. This is day 18 for me since I have upped my dose from 20 to 30. I think I'm finally starting to feel better. Still have a few side effects but not as bad as before. Dont want to sound too cocky here either. Just soooo hopeful this cita might actually work. I still have issues with sleep, a rumbling stomach and minor headaches. But like I said---i'm very hopeful. Hang in there!!!!
    • Posted

John I still have issues with sleep,rumbling tum and mild headache after 18 months but thankfully anxiety free!,
    • Posted

I meant GOOD!!!!!! Lol
  • Posted

Hi Clairepop

I find taking cit in the evening at 6pm is best for me. My doctor advised the morning but it made me too tired during the day.

• Posted

I take mine at lunchtime as take beta blockers in the morning do get tired especially in evening but can cope with that. My sleep is disturbed and wake early has been like this for months now, sometimes better than others get between 4-6 hours sleep, try not to worry about it as makes worse, I think many people get little sleep and it's all they need. I read that sleep and early morning anxiety are the last to go. Hope this helps.

Lynn x

• Posted

My morning anxiety not bad but hate feeling exhausted. I really need my sleep and not broken either. Otherwise I struggle to function during the day. Especially as I don't have thyroid gland to help and thyroxine doesn't exactly replace every function the thyroid can do. I took it 6 tonight c if that helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.