MORNING OR NIGHT

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone take this med at night??

I took my 1st 20mg at 11-am this morning and at 3 pm had a panic attack, I felt so tired, speach was slurred and was vomiting.

Was thinking of taking it before I go to bed to lessen side-effects.

Thanks Everyone just hope tomorrow is better.

Danielle.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Danielle,

Personally, I take my med in the morning, when I wake up, just because I know I won't forget to take it then. But I've seen other people around here who take it in the evening, or just before bed, because of the side effects they suffer. Some people recommend taking it before bed if you suffer bad side effects because, obviously, they can't affect you as much in your sleep. So perhaps you should try it, and see if it works better for you that way?

I hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

Thanks for that , going to try taking it tomorrow night, couldnt cope with another day like today.

Thanks Again.

Danielle

• Posted

Hi Danielle, sorry I cant spell. I have been on this med a while. I used to take it in the morning, but I felt so nauseaus , dizzy and forgetful, the combined with about 5 mnths of sleepless nights, I decided to take it before going to bed. Now it works, it knocks me to sleep, and I feel okay during the day. You have to find out what is best for you. Some people can take it in the morning and eventually the insomnia seems to pass, this did not happen with me, so now I take it at night. If I were you , I would not be afraid to experiment a little, though I would try as your GP has prescribed for a while before experimenting. Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi TinyTears, Thanks for your reply, am going to give it a go tonight, see if thats any better.

I have also weaned myself off mirtazapine and I took that at night, I feel terrible today, anxiety, nausea, sweating just want to go to sleep and wake up feeling better.

I keep telling myself its just somthing that I have to go through to get better, but it takes so long.

Will let you know how I get on with meds, can I ask you, what do you take it for, and how your feeling now,

Speak again soon

Danielle

• Posted

Hi Danielle,

Just been reading posts and felt I should contribute. I have been taking 20mgs at night for the last 3 weeks, and yes felt exactly the same as you do at the moment, but it does get better. Still feel sick and anxious first thing and would love a full nights sleep. Im taking it for acute anxiety. I must admit I feel much better than I did the first 2 week were hell. Good Luck and let us all know how you are doing.

Margaret xx

• Posted

Hi Margaret, Thanks for your reply and words of encouragement, tried to keep myself busy throughout today, had to take diazapine though.

Its a pity this wasn,t a chat room, and then people could discuss there experiences with each other.

Will let you know how i,m feeling tomorrow.

Take Care

Danielle.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.