Morning sickness and tremors... anyone

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi All... I'm on my 11th day of Flu and I just don't feel well. I woke up yesterday and today very nauseous and trembling. Is this normal? I'm also really tired. Yesterday I thought I was getting some relief as I was able to do things around the house, thus far today not so good. Anyone else dealing with this or have dealt with this?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. This sounds very normal for where you are. I'm on day 26 and still don't feel well - better than at the beginning, though. Try to be patient and rest when you can. I am learning that this is a very long and very difficult journey, but I believe it will be worth it! Xx

• Posted

I thought I was doing better yesterday I had a burst of energy and even a healthy appetite. Now today no appetite, tired, and just feeling blah. I'm glad for these forums or else I would think something was medically wrong with me.

• Posted

This sounds very usual side effects and just like what I had it does settle down mine did around 5th week , I often found that as the day progressed I felt better but I did yawn repeatedly and often fell asleep. I am on week 17 and my side effects are almost non existent so hang in there keep positive
    • Posted

17 weeks... wow... I'm praying to hold on this long especially if it will truly make a difference. I'm always tired or restless. Did you lose your appetite as well?

• Posted

Yes, I had terrible leg weakness and shakiness yesterday (day 7 for me). Then today I woke up and felt like I had too much caffeine. My doctor assured me yesterday that these effects are all normal and are just the body adjusting to the medication. Hope you feel better. 
    • Posted

Thank you. I woke up and was literally trembling/shivering like it was cold. These meds are something. My doctor keeps telling me to be gentle with myself. So I'm trying.

• Posted

Absolutely! It's so important to do that when you're not feeling good. Do activities that you like to try to distract yourself. I try to remind myself that if I can just get over the worst of feeling the side effects it's all going to be worth it. Up and down days are to be expected so don't be too hard on yourself <3 

• Posted

Not sure how your appetite has been (mine was significantly down until about 2 days ago) but not eating might make you feel worse, so try to eat something even if you don't feel like it, even if you just have a few bites here and there throughout the day. I know that has helped me xo 

• Posted

I don't have much of an appetite today but yesterday I had a healthy appetite. My husband stayed home from work today and he's trying to force me to eat it's hard. I just want to sleep today.

• Posted

I seem to feel more like eating around dinner time but I have found if I eat a few bites in the morning (even when I don't feel much like it), that usually jump starts my hunger and then I want to eat more through out the day.  Maybe try a little bit of what you like most? That might help. I understand exactly what you mean about wanting to sleep all day. Tiredness can be another effect of the medication so if you feel the need to rest a little then do that, I usually feel like it helps me, I at least feel a bit more focused after I nap. 

• Posted

Hi Nai, yes I had the same thing when I started taking Fluoxetine. It does eventually go but takes some time. You will get there. Take it one day at a time.
    • Posted

Thank you HopeNFaith... I'm trying to take it a day at a time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.