Morning stools

Posted , 4 users are following.

I suffer from ibs d however for the past 7 mornings i have been woken up in the early hours needing to goto the bathroom, the stools arent water but are loose, i have no pain but do have a lot of wind the night before and after i've passed the stool. i'm also getting indigestion and very mild nausea throughout the day sometimes. im also needing the bathroom during the day but there isnt a lot of urgency and tge stools are better formed. as its gone on for 7 days and waking me up would this be ibs or something else? im eating normally and im hungry.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like an IBS flare up; the morning rush is very common along with the other symptoms you describe. Flare ups can last hours, days, weeks or months. My first IBS flare up lasted three and a half months. If you are stressed, this will make your flare up last longer. There may be foods that are not agreeing with you too and are causing indigestion and loose stools or diarrhoea Try a food diary, take imodium and whatever anti spasmodic you were prescribed and try to stay as calm as possible using distraction techniques.

• Posted

Hi . Sounds like a change in your ibs or could be anxiety. I used to be constipated with mine but lately I have had loose stools often when it happens. I have just stopped having a bout of anxiety which has also caused loose stools. Now ibs is back but normal stools! Can't win. Have started a food diary to show to doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.