Mornings anxiety what it's like for me

Posted , 8 users are following.

Morning anxiety I just wanted to describe how I feel and see if anyone can relate- I wake at 4am suddenly may have woken before but 4am it is when all hell let's loose. I feel like my brain is on fire feelings of panic hop less Ness and v nauseous feel like I am shaking inside very tired but when I lay down mind goes into overdrive and I have depressing dips and waves of panic really horrible headaches and pressure in forehead it's crippling I have no energy don't want to see anyone because I feel so weak with it all and frightened where has this all come from 17 months now 5 months on 20th fluoxetine will this ever ever go away I do my best so to work but in follows me wherever I go

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Julie I hate the morning to had the anxiety but I know this sounds harsh I accept that it's there now I also have the sickness feeling it's not nice xxx I haven't been on it as long as you though started week 5 on Saturday xxx

• Posted

Julie, I was on prozac last year for 13 weeks and this is exactly how I felt, I stopped taken it, purhaps I should have kept going but I couldn't handle it anymore, I have read that it takes some people months for them to break through to the good side.

I was just wondering how old you are?

• Posted

Oh, I'm 46, my anxiety and depression episodes are more due to perimenopse, I'm no different with meds or without as it's a hormonal thing. But prozac really intensified the anxiety and sadness for the 13 weeks I was on it I was a complete mess. Some people seem to do well with it though but I can't spend months that low to wait for it to kick in, I still have to try and work and take care of stuff.

I truly hope you feel better, it takes a very strong person to get through.

• Posted

Hi Julie;

‘I wake up at 6;00 with a jolt morning has descended again. I have been on Fluoxetine for 4 weeks and.3 days. I feel the tightness in my chest and the dread in my head. Another day with anxiety. 

• Posted

Hi lynn

On days like that I take it hour by hour rather than planning the whole day I am at exactly the same point as you medication wise so I know that we are both looking for that break through day when it all disappears I think I have finally come to terms with the fact that I aren't going to be fixed anytime soon and if it does it will be a lovely surprise I get the tightness but it's only on my left side under the breast area doctor thinks it's Costcochondritus which is inflammation keep going Hun I'm hear if you want a chat xxx

• Posted

Wouldn't say stomach pain I feel full all the time and feel quite sick in the morning but that does pass ginger tea and chamomile tea really help and bananas are brilliant 

• Posted

Yes I have stomach discomfort and spend a lot of time in the bathroom. 
  • Posted

Hi Julie

Altogether I have come off an ssri, I have similar symptoms. Head pressure, dizzy, foggy, brain zaps, nausea, tinnitus, waterlogged head. I am suffering what appears to be withdrawal. My sleep has recently been 11-4 with difficulty getting back to sleep. Are you planning to stay on the meds? It is tough that you are having these symptoms on the the ssri. 

• Posted

To be honest I don't think it is the meds I think it's what I took them for anxiety I start to fee better and get tricked back into anxiety again by thoughts of it I took flux for a year in 2012 after a spell of bad anxiety and I know it took months and months but one day I woke up feeling really well again after 10 months or so anxiety is horrible life consuming thing I guess nine of us really know why we suffer so

• Posted

Julie did you mean 17 months or weeks that you have been on Flu. ?
    • Posted

Julie, Jane and others on this thread.,

I had 8 good.days without anxiety last week. I didn’t feel 100% but no anxiety was glorious .  Then from no where the anxiety was back although not as intense but enough to keep me in bed Sat and Sun. I was ready to call it quits after almost 22 weeks on Flu agony. 

Today I woke up feeling good, got dressed and went out shopping. I am in the yard right now looking at what has grown in the last two years which is how long it has been sine I felt like coming out. It may not last, but I will enjoy it while it does. I’ll keep you posted as to the progress or lack there of. In the meantime try to stay positive. Hard I know. 

• Posted

Thanks Nancy we will let each other know how we fare in the end we will be good
    • Posted

Nancy did you have real bad anxiety in the morning and have it seem to get better later in the day. I need to take half of a .5 Klonopin in the am,  which I worry about taking. I am 36 days on 20mgs..
    • Posted

Yes Lynn , it is worse during the day am and pm.  By night time , it is pretty much gone although not always.

The anxiety causes problems with my stomach and digestive system.

I think the beta blocker has helped some, but it’s still bad and I am in the

bed way too much. 

I hav started week 22  on Flu and starting week 11 on 20 mg.  The few good days have given me hope. 

It’s so important to stay positive. 

• Posted

I am about the same as you Nancy about 24 weeks 20mg mornings are dreadful my biggest problem is an unpleasant feeling of not being well aches headaches fuzzy sensations which makes me feel panic symptoms do you experience it's type of feeling and a feeling I can't do much

• Posted

Yes Julie, I feel sick most of the time except at night. My balance is poor and I misjudge distance. I take many trips to the bathroom. I don’t want to do anything or see anyone. I polished a small piece if silver last week and have been congratulating myself ever since. 

I went on a road trip recently and had no anxiety for 8 days. As soon as I got home it hit again. I did have a good day last Monday. It’s the good days that give us hope. 

You and I are far enough along that we should be seeing more improvement in the next few weeks. Aside from deaths of family and close friends, this is the worst thing I have ever experienced. N

• Posted

Lynn I am on 20mg and have been for 10 weeks and 3 days   Prior to that I was on 5, 10, and 15 for 12 weeks. 
    • Posted

It is an awful experience and it is so hard because to people who have never had it it seems indulgent it is far from that the path to welless is hard everything is a challenge I have been on fluoxsince end Nov

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.