Mornings feel like I have a hangover

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well it's 17th week on sertraline and the mornings are still bad anxiety and feel like I've got a hangover every morning

Has anyone had this after taking this med so long ?

Could the dose be to high ?

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

I too am on Sertline, what dose r u on? This will b week 6 for me 1st on 50mg and then Tuesday I went to 100mg. I havent had any side effects really only feeling nause and tired the first week other than that fine. I would go back to your GP, and tell him/her how ur feeling. Good luck.
    • Posted

I'm on 100mg at the minute That's good you've had no side effects my heads been all over the place
    • Posted

Hey I to take Propanolol each morning 7.30 then I take Sertline 2 hours later, the pharmacist told me to leave a gap of about 1-2 hour, when I started  sterling told her that I take Propanolol 7.30 each morning. Maybe your dose isn't high enough for you? Or it just may not be suiting you? 17 weeks is a long time espicially if you still not feeling right? I take mine each morning as I was told its best time to take!. But everyone is different go speak to your doctor who can advise what is best for u. Good luck!!!.
  • Posted

hi

​dose could be too low,or the meds are not working right for you, your doc will know, ask about beta blockers for the adrenaline rush you could be experinacing, propranolol can work along side of sertraline, doc will need to check things with you to be sure, take care

• Posted

Thanks for reply

I'm on propanalol 80mg going back to see go thanks

• Posted

Hi, what time do u take your sertraline as it might be an idea to change the times. I have taken mine just before I get into beds inve the start 
    • Posted

Hi don, I have the same feelings in the morning, but they seem to pass by mid day, I'm on 100mg and have been for 15 weeks. Starting week 16 today. Let me know how your getting on
    • Posted

Hi

Phoned the gp this morning. She told me to go back down to 50mg out of 17 weeks I've had 2 good weeks don't think this med is for me got my first appointment with psychiatrist next week as my doctors run out of ideas hoping they can get to the bottom of this 🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿

How r u getting on ?

• Posted

I've had 7 good weeks, dr just keeps telling me to continue, so I really don't know what to do, evenings are a lot better than mornings.
    • Posted

Yes 2 lots of two in the first two months and 3 weeks recently, but now feeling back to crap.
    • Posted

Don't know if it a coincidence but still have anxitey but moods not as low but don't think it's going down to 50mg it only first day some days mood is lower and other days not as bad I will know in the next week or so 🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿

How r u ?

• Posted

Not too bad, still anxious but today hasn't been to bad, just low mood can't be arsed to do anything.
    • Posted

I know the feeling I have to force myself to do things but once I've done them I feel better have you had any cbt/counciling?
    • Posted

Still awaiting on my cbt, nothing seems to be rushed. Nhs is so slow, been waiting months
    • Posted

I was the same had the NHS cbt not very good so I went private have a look on the Internet in your area

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.