Most Intense Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Please can anyone help?

Ive been having left side pain problems for about 6 weeks now. Cut a long story short, I’ve had 2 blood tests done, a ultrasound of my womb and ovaries, and ct scan of kidneys and pelvis.  All of which have come back normal.

The only thing that is abnormal is that I have microscopic blood in my urine.

Today I’m in intense burning pain under both my ribs and stomach pain.  The pain can then go to my right side and then left side.

Could this be diverticulitis as I’m in agony and don’t know how much longer I can go on not knowing what is wrong with me. 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sharon,

So sorry to hear you are in pain. I too was suffering like you. They dealt with me as if it was women's problems (ovaries, womb e.t.c) and I had numerous internal scans e.t.c and all normal. Everytime I ended up in hospital they were even putting me on the gynecology ward. This went on for about a year until they decided to do a CT scan. It was then that I was diagnosed (2 years ago now). Ask them for a CT scan. Is your white blood cell count high?

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply.

Im back to the doctors tomorrow and hopefully she will request a ct scan of bowels as will request it.  

Both blood tests that Ive had done recently have come back normal.

The pain is intense and is now settled to my right side flank and rib area - just there constantly!

• Posted

It started on the left low groin pain and left side flank pain. It hurt but wasn’t intense.

Ive had ultrasound of womb and ovaries - normal

Ct scan of kidneys and pelvis - normal

2 blood samples tested - normal

3 urine samples tested - microscopic blood

Since Saturday the pain has gradually got worse and today OMG the pain seemed be be everywhere. A burning pain under both my ribs, left side flank, right side flank and my stomach. This was for about 30 mins and the intensity has eased but it’s still there.

I know you don’t know for certain but does it sound like diverticulitis?

• Posted

The last diverticulitis attack I had, pain never settled in one spot - My abdomen hurt all over!  After the worst night, I had some blood in my stool, and doc put me on antibiotics which cleared it up quickly.  Are you watching your diet - liquid only while you are in such intense pain and until you figure out what it is!  

• Posted

When you say liquid only do you mean soup etc?

Would you say what I described as diverticulitis. Do you get the burning in your ribs, sides etc?

I’m scared to eat anything now as all I had to have that intense pain was a little mini quiche.

• Posted

If the pain is really intense avoid eating anything and just drink lots of water for a few days x
  • Posted

I normally get pain in the bottom left of my tummy but people so get it in the right too, with my last infection the pain was a lot higher and on my side (just underneath my ribs). Don't eat any fibre whilst you have the pain. Have soup, and white bread and avoid big filling meals x

• Posted

Liquid diet would be broth, jello, water/tea, and when pain pretty much decreases, go to low fiber like potatoes, applesauce, etc.  You need to get the doctor to do a CT scan to find out what is going on - if it is diverticulitis, it could lead to serious problems if you don't get the proper diagnosis and meds.

• Posted

Eat fermented foods to regain your good gut flora -- antibiotics will kill all your gut flora!  Do this.  Go to the store, buy some cucumber chip pickles and sit down at night and eat quite a lot.  If your stomach feels good after you eat it then you know your on the right track.  I did this and man did my stomach start gurgling -- but is was a good feeling.  Every day is better.  I eat greens (in the form of smoothies), eat fermented food like saurekraut (sp).  Let me know if you have any other questions...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.