Mother's Day

Posted , 6 users are following.

Are you being taken out to lunch tomorrow (Sunday)? I am taking my DH, MIL and my sister to the Bell Inn at Lacock (Wilts). It's quite a long drive but they serve really good food. After that I won't be looking forward to my weigh-in on Monday morning. I have been off-track the last couple of weeks. Don't know how to get back in \"the zone\" sad

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I found it very hard the first few months of the year, what with new years, then Valentines, mothers day then easter.

Have a lovely day tomorrow then Monday start a fresh and take one day at a time. I always find diet falls apart a little around the time of my period but then find that some days it's hard to eat anywhere near the required amount but I guess over the month it all balances itself out.

• Posted

Hi Petal

Hope you enjoy your lunch.

Don't beat yourself up when you go off track or go out for a meal. Start afresh, don't look back and think positive. Treat yourself to something you really want once a week so you have something to look forward to. I often go a whole weekend without taking the tablets especially if I'm not at home and I can't be sure of fat content, for example when other people prepare the foods. I caught my husband putting flora on a jacket potato that had other stuff on top so it didn't need it , can't taste it and could make the difference to being able to have a dessert or more important going over the fat limit.

I do try and be good most of the time.

I've been taking a simple salad of wafer thin ham, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and low fat cottage cheese with pineapple to work; hopefully it will have kicked started my weight loss again.

One thing I really miss is cheese. sad I've noticed lowfat mature cheese but it is soooo expensive and still fairly high fat so I only treat myself to a little bit of high fat cheese now and again.

I had some of the NAS berries squash with hot iwater it was delicious.

Hope you are all having a great weekend :D

• Posted

Like everyone before has said, don't feel bad smile you've fallen off the wagon so to speak so you have 2 choices, acknowledge n get back on or stay off. It takes a lot to get back on when you know theres so many nice things you can't have but give yourself credit and remember your goal!

I have 2-3 meals off a month which allows me to eat out at friends or restaurants without the worry of not knowing how much fat is in the food. I ate out last night for DH's birthday, i went to the gym before and again this morning so hopefully i've burnt off what I ate last night smile

Happy mothers day to all the mothers on here smile

• Posted

Happy mother's day!

Im not a mum yet, hopefully one day though!

Good luck petal for monday! I have my 2nd weigh in thursday! finger's crossed for everyone smile

Sian

• Posted

Well, I got away with it. I managed to lose a pound although I am expecting repercussions from what I ate yesterday. I had creamy garlic mushrooms (really yummy), roast turkey with 3 very small roast potatoes and finished with triple chocolate cheesecake which tasted so rich I couldn't finish it. I think I will stay close to the loo today :oops:
  • Posted

Hey Petal, well done for the pound, every bit in the right direction is good.

Sounds like a few people are struggling a bit. I haven't taken my tablets for a month now. I stopped taking them when I went to India for work and my stomach hasn't settled down since I got back. Trouble is I'm using it as an excuse to eat the wrong things now, plus it's mostly bad during the night which is making me tired so I'm not doing the Wii fit in the mornings.

I met up with some friends yesterday and 2 of them are doing really well on slimming world so I'm thinking of starting that again. I know a few do Wight Watchers but does anyone do Slimming World?

• Posted

Well Done on losing the pound a pound off is better than a pound on and another half bag of sugar less to carry round. Glad you enjoyed your meal.

I wanted to go walking in the Peak District but by the time we got to my daughter's it had clouded over so we went shopping instead. Then we went back to my daughter's watched a film and I ordered a pizzas. They are the best pizzas and wedges I've ever tasted.

I had pizza and wedges with garlic sauce. It was delicious mmmmmmmmm.

Hi Sally Hope your stomach settles soon. Have you been to see the doctor? It's a long time to have a stomach upset.

• Posted

Hi Trying Hard. I haven't been to the docs. I think I should make an appointment, it settles down for a couple of days so I don't and then it flares up again. I'm starting to think it's now got more to do with the rubbish I'm eating than anything serious. I'll see how it is by the end of this week and if it's still coming and going make an appoint ment for next week. Thanks for the concern.
  • Posted

Low fat hard cheese - Cathedral City light, is really nice and Tesco's are doing buy 1 get 2 free. I took advantage of that offer as we still eat cheese, and to find low fat on offer !!!

We all have had bad days, or even a few days.

Good luck all xx

• Posted

Thanks for that I'll go and get some x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.