Motorbike accident

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi guys.

Last Sunday I was racing in a motocross race and while turning left someone crashed into my right hand side putting all the weight of two motorbikes and two people onto my left foot. I heard a pop/clicking noise during impact. Only my foot took the weight. It swelled up over the next few hours and I couldn't bare weight on it at all. 5 hours later I went to hospital, cray showed no breaks and was given a knee brace and crutches and sent on my way.

4 days later I was off the crutches and walking slowly (as advised by doc).

10 days later still can't walk normally, can't straighten my leg properly and cannot bend my knee past about 70 degrees without it locking up and severe pain. Still slightly swollen...

Any recommendations on what to do? Would physio help? More healing time perhaps? Thanks for any thoughts!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Only me knee swelled up, not my foot incase I didn't make it clear. smile
  • Posted

X rays only show bone damage. You need an MRI to show shoe any and all soft tissue. You need to see an orthopedic surgeon to get an accurate diagnosis and you need it asap.
  • Posted

I agree with the previous post you need an emergency MRI .i wouldn't be doing any physio, or weight bearing until you know what's going on,,,
  • Posted

It could well be a soft tissue injury which can take a while to clear up.

I would be tempted to go back to the hospital as a precaution and explain what happened and have the matter investigated further.

Only upon their advice would I go a physio.

• Posted

Get an MRI as others have said! I paid for an MRI on my knee earlier this year as desperate and it was the least expensive one at £400 in the UK

Dont leave it too long and be firm with your GP/hospital😀

• Posted

Like Glenda I resorted to a private MRI scan after xrays were "inconclusive"  the scan showed I had a serious problem . Armed with the scan report I had the confidence to go back to docs and challenge the xray report I had a total tkr within the month ,The point is that xrays do not show everything You need more investigations, I hope all goes well for you
  • Posted

Hi if I where you I would insist on a MRI scan as x rays don't show up cartilage damage or ligaments. I waited 3 months with a locked knee as it didn't get better. Had keyhole surgery on Tuesday. best of luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.