Mouthwash Taste Alteration Help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Took peridex only 4 times last month on March 16-18?, a mouthwash, im on week 6 and i still cant taste everything right. i can taste most things but some foods are off, its hard to say if its getting better or worse but im getting worried ill never get mine back.

I never lost all my taste but I did notice some of my taste is muffled, this is really terrible. some people said it took them 9 months from using Peridex mouthwash, some people said years, some people said 2 weeks some people said a month. This is really driving me crazy. I've heard of some drugs causing taste loss/taste alteration like Lamisil but this just drives me insane. I eat some things and taste it and then other things dont taste very much like anything. My mom thinks its funny but I dont. I can still taste all basic five flavors like salt sugar sour bitter etc, but when combined in food, I need more of it otherwise I can't taste it or can barely taste it. I wanna say its been getting better but i don't know how to gauge and I get better one day and worse the next.

I havent lost weight because I am eating the same, again its SOME foods.I don't know what to do.. PA said it isnt permanent since I have taste intermittently.

Sometimes i think its my birth control but I've been on that since NOV 2017.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi,  did your taste ever come back.  I'm having this same issue due to a medication I took (Oxybutynin)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.