Moving on

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, 

I just want to write here that I intend to: 

-exercise everday

-eat good food, regularly

-go to bed at the same time each night and attempt to put a routine on my sleeping

from now on. 

I struggled with body image when my depression and anxiety were  peaking. I abused laxatives for a week at one point while restricting what I was eating. Later, I started restricting what I was eating in an attempt to stop yo-yoing up and down  (+/- 10lbs) in weight. I got it in my head that I had to stay on this new "diet" I had devised so I wouldn't start to gain weight but I was losing 4lbs a week on that. It took some advice from my doctor and a few hints from my therapist to realise that I was engaging in dangerous behaviour and that I had to stop. Thank God I did. I don't want to think about what would have happened if I let it take hold of me.

Anyways, that's just part of my story.

The point of this post is just to say that it is time for new beginnings and taking things into my own hands. I deserve to be happy and I owe it to myself to put in the effort now to try and sustain my soul and my body. It's time for me.   

Wish me luck! 

anonymousgirl

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Happy to see that you're happier!! I'm also starting over, a completely new beginning with hopefully a lot less anxiety! Good luck! smile 
  • Posted

Good luck chick.

You sound like you have the one thing we all need

Positive thinking. ... 

I wish you well.  Keep us posted how youre doing xx

• Posted

I got my exam results for my final exams today. I am very happy. I failed one but I knew I had the repeats are not capped so it won't affect my grades. I also deferred most of my summer exams but with the grades I got today, I am well on track to get a really good grade for my overall year grade and for my degree itself! 

This gives me encouragement to face the exams I have to do in August!

The year has been so tough so far but I still did well!

I can do this!! 

anonymousgirl

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.