MRI and lazy eye

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I had an MRI last week on my brain and no changes but now a few days later they want to go an mri on my eyes .because i recently had an eye exam and i didn't do so good i had a hard time seeing the letters far away and even harder when they cover one eye up i am scared. the doctor also order glasses for me which they have not come in but i am still waiting for an appoiment for the mri why would a  doctor order an mri ? otherwise i can see fine but when i try to cover one of eyes i can't see well 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello, My daughter had a lazy eye when sbe was younger. I was to patch her good eye to strengthen the lazy eye otherwise the dr said the brain should shut off the lazy eye eventually. I patched her good eye for about three years about five hours a day. It worked. He once lazy eye is not as strong as the other eye but is no longer lazy. That our experience on it..good luck to you, take care of that eye

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.