Mri and lymph node

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just received my mri result and is ok except they found mesenteric lymph node and one of them is 10mm.im scared its the beginning of lymphoma because they only found it here and its 10mm

Is it a normal size for lymph node even in mesenteric?

Im 36 years old and not sick no infection....i had mono ebv 2 years ago and know ebv virus is a cause of lymphoma.

Im not well.

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Christopher it is very common for lymphnode to get inlarged sometimes ,as they function ti rid our bodies of impurities . In time they resolve themselves and swelling goes down . Were you put on antibiotics ? Chances are you werent because you dont need them if no infection anywhere ,and that is good news not bad . Also it is VERY rare this is a case of cancer , especially if the doctor didnt find any .. You thinking you are sick , you ARE making yourself sick ! Why is that christopher ? Do you want to be sick ? If you eat healthy , take a mutivitamin , get your mind on other things , you will be a brand new feeling person ! Enjoy life ,dont dwell on things that is not there . Let me ask you this ... Are you extremely fatigued ? Weak ? Losing large amounts if weight ? Are you urinating properly ?

• Posted

What you have is generally referred to as shotty. It usually goes away by itself. In rare cases it could become cancerous. It should be periodically checked with a CT scan.

• Posted

You will need to ask your doctor about this and believe what he tells you. You are jumping from one health anxiety to another. Worrying will make you feel ill. Ask your doctor to refer you for therapy for your anxiety,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.